Music by Shinamo Moki - Song: Suzhou
330ml Tetra Pak Cartons
We are a proud London-based Social Enterprise currently on the Cambridge Social Ventures Programme, which supports companies to become social enterprises.
Our mission is to support both physical and mental wellbeing and sustainability initiatives by donating 5% or more of our post-tax profit.
As a Taiwanese-American living in London, Tina Chen, Chief Tea Officer, was inspired by bubble tea concept and British tea drinking culture to create a healthy tea latte drink that's good for humanity!
After completing her MBA with a focus on innovation, sustainability, and social impact at Imperial College Business School, she incorporated her Tea Beverage Social Enterprise in December 2018.
- One of the main culprits that drive obesity is Sugary Soft Drinks.
The NHS spends over £6 billion per year on obesity and overweight-related illnesses. The obesity problem is so huge that the UK government decided to take action and implemented a soft drinks industry levy, where companies pay a tax for having more than 5% sugar content in their soft drinks.
- 1 in 6 people in the UK suffer from mental health issues due to stress from work.
Mental illnesses can negatively impact physical health and vice versa. Research shows that you are what you eat, revealing that our diet affects both our physical and mental wellbeing.
Are you looking for me time, tea time, any time but can’t find a better alternative to brewing your own tea at the moment? Are you searching for a healthy, energising tea that you can consume on the go? Then look no further; we’ve got the perfect solution!
Our yummy drinks offer convenience, allowing you to enjoy chilled tea lattes on demand. Whether you are staying up late to meet a project deadline or relaxing at home watching Netflix, YOU DESERVE A TEA BREAK! So chill out, and treat yourself to our refreshing plant-based tea lattes.
We are ready to move to contract manufacturing into Tetra Pak cartons and have everything in place. However, the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) for a factory run is very high at 10,000 Litres per flavour (about 30,000 cartons of 330ml size).
We are currently producing at Karma Kitchen, a commercial kitchen in Hackney. Although we have a lovely product right now, the shelf life is only 2 weeks, and the beverage requires chilled storage.
We have received interest from retailers and distributors and are ready to scale up production to meet demand.
After searching for the past 6 months, we have a Manufacturing Partner ready to work with us in England.
- UHT (ultra-high temperature processing) allows product to achieve approx. 1 year shelf life without adding any preservatives
- Ambient (unchilled) storage and distribution - simplifying logistics
- Minimise carbon footprint
- Sustainable, lightweight packaging
Our loyal CommuniTEA has known us as "myTEA is Mighty" for the last 15 months. Due to an ongoing Trade Mark Opposition from Schweppes for their brand "May Tea" against our Trade Mark "myTEA", we have been considering rebranding to "HumaniTea". All of our branding and designs have been produced in-house so far. Your support will allow us to pursue a full rebrand with a professional designer along with our manufacturing scale-up.
If you haven't noticed yet, we love our puns! We felt manatees fit our brand as they are gentle, friendly creatures that follow plant-based diets. There is also "Manatee" sound in "Humanity" and "Tea" sound in "Manatee" and "Humanity".
- Wholesome Plant-based Tea Lattes brewed with love in the UK
- 100% natural iced tea beverage that actually tastes like TEA
- Low in sugar and calories
- NO preservatives, additives, artificial flavours, or emulsifiers
- Ethically sourced, organic ingredients
- Dairy-free: perfect for people who are vegan or lactose-intolerant
- Simple ingredients: Fairtrade / Organic Tea, creamy Oat Milk, dash of Agave Nectar
- Currently Available in 3 Flavours: Matcha, Earl Grey, and Rooibos
- Naturally occurring Antioxidants from Tea
- Origin: Japan
- Natural Caffeine
- Flavour Profile: healthy green superfood taste, whole green tea leaves that have been expertly ground into fine powder (not an infusion)
- Calm Energy - slow-releasing caffeine provides energy without the crash of coffee caffeine and brings clarity and focus to the mind
- When: for workout/yoga sessions or in the morning for that natural energy boost
- Origin: Rwanda
- Natural Caffeine
- Flavour Profile: strong tea flavour, classic bergamot taste
- When: pairs well with your tasty lunch
- Origin: South Africa
- Flavour Profile: gently light and sweet
- When: in the evenings when you desire some serenity
- Contains high sugar content
- Uses tea extract and juice from concentrate
- Includes added flavours
Consumers desire organic ready-to-drink (RTD) tea with low sugar or health benefits. There is an expected increase in the range of RTD tea, like matcha and kombucha, as consumers search for healthier alternatives to RTD coffee and energy drinks. In fact, 1/3 of UK adults think cold tea is a good alternative to other soft drinks.
- Oat milk is one of the most eco-friendly milks available in terms of both emissions and water usage
- British consume more than 60 billion cups of tea per year, and many tea bags often contain plastic, which end up contaminating one’s cuppa
- Our teas arrive in paper bags and our matcha is packed in aluminium foil pouches
- Slow-releasing caffeine from tea: provides energy without the crash of coffee caffeine
- Lower carbon emissions and water from making one cup of tea vs. making one cup of coffee
Since March 2019, we have brought our delicious tea lattes to farmers' markets across London, like Borough Market, Partridge's Chelsea Market, Venn Street Market, Herne Hill Market, London Fields Sunday Market, and Netil Market.
In April 2019, we started selling our Plant-based Tea Lattes at Imperial College London's Vegan Cafe.
Recently, we launched on Deliveroo through Atcha, a healthy Indian food business.
We will soon be available online through the Good Sixty Platform. And our tea lattes will land in Aloft Hotel's Cafe next to the ExCel Centre.
Now Live on Good Sixty: https://www.goodsixty.co.uk/retailers/london/426-humanitea-vegan-tea-lattes/national
"Wow! This actually tastes like Tea!" - Tatyana
"Ahh - So refreshing!" - Joan
"It's not too sweet - you can really taste the strong Matcha flavour. I feel energised already." - Alex
"The best cold tea drink, fantastic taste and healthy." - Phu
"I love the Rooibos because it's just the right amount of sweetness, and it's also Caffeine-free!" - Jure
"Amazing! This Earl Grey Tea Latte is so perfectly balanced, the bergamot flavour and oat milk really make a delicious combination." - Juraj