The Cobras are a rugby 7s team who were formed in 2010 and been competing on the UK 7s circuit since the summer of 2011.
Our past and present players have represented:
- England 7s
- Germany 7s
- GB Students
- England Students
- England Counties U20
- England Counties U18
- Gallagher Premiership and Greene King Championship clubs
We are an amateur side, but the calibre of young players we have and are looking to attract, sees us play exciting rugby with and against the most talented players in the UK.
Since our inception we have competed in some of the largest tournaments on the UK circuit and have come away with silverware on a few occasions, including winning 7s and the City at what is now known as StoneX Stadium (and appearing on BT Sport & ITV1 in the process), a Lucozade invitational tournament at Twickenham and winning the "Viper 10 cup" plate competition at Bournemouth 7s.
- To look and act like an elite-level 7s side - training sessions, kit & equipment, video analysis, GPS etc.
- Develop our own players and backroom staff - look to continuously improve everyone involved in the club on and off the pitch to make people better rugby players, coaches and human beings
- To regularly reach the knockout stages at some of the largest tournaments in Europe
- To regularly enter 2 teams, Elite and Open standard, at UK-based competition
- To continue to provide opportunities for talented young players
- To be a part of the Super 7s Series - if not as a core team, compete as a guest side
- To continue to have fun - this is why we all play rugby
Our previous arrangements regarding sponsorship in 2020 are no longer viable due to the impact COVID-19 has had on businesses. Despite not having sponsors, the operating costs for the side (tournament entry fees, playing kit, off-field kit, medical equipment, gazebo etc.) remain the same. As such, we are asking for your help in supporting one of the longest running sides on the UK 7s circuit and supplement our funds for the year.
Our staff and players would very much appreciate any help you could give.