As more young refugees arrive, we'll want to support them in the same way. We don't know how many people will have to flee the war and arrive here or long they will be with us. But we do know we want to continue giving everyone of them a chance for as full a life as possible while here.
There are more than 125 children coming to Wokingham borough from war-torn Ukraine to try and rebuild their lives.
We need your help to make sure all children and young people arriving here from Ukraine can fit in and live as full a life as possible with us.
We’ve set up the Chance to Thrive fund to co-ordinate funding for:
- Equipment for education (including digital technology)
- Membership of sports clubs (such as football, basketball, netball etc)
- Membership of social organisations (such as Scouts or Guides)
- Membership of cultural groups (such as drama groups, theatre schools or dance classes)
- Equipment or kit necessary to participate in sporting, social or cultural activities
Visit our Chance to Thrive webpages to find out more.
What happens if £25,000 is not raised?
No money will be taken from supporters. Backers will receive an email informing them that the project has not reached its target and that they will not be charged.