Burnt Tree Primary School are hosting an inspirational workshop with David Smith. Can you help us make it happen?
Burnt Tree Primary School is a welcoming, safe and friendly school. As an inclusive school, they ensure that everyone is treated fairly and provided with opportunities to achieve their full potential.
They seek to motivate and inspire pupils through creative and innovative teaching and learning providing an irresistible curriculum that recognises and celebrates diversity. By promoting British values, they enable children to develop a sense of community and to understand their responsibilities and roles within that community. Working together they enable the pupils to become lifelong learners who are independent, responsible and respectful.
I represented Scotland at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014, where I am originally from. Now I train in Birmingham but love returning home to visit friends and family and get back to my roots. I Also placed 2nd in the British Championship and the World Trials in 2017 and I was the Scottish Indoor and Outdoor High Jump Champion of 2017.
In my spare time, I enjoy hanging out with my friends going to the cinema and I also enjoy playing on my PlayStation and watching sport on the TV. I don’t really follow a strict diet but I do try and have balanced diet, making sure that I get lots of high protein foods.
Who are we?
Sports For Champions UK (CIC) in partnership with Burnt Tree Primary School and the local community are running a fundraiser to help support the mental and physical health of the pupils after the national lockdowns.
Great news! Sports For Champions UK (CIC) will soon visit your school! Youth are invited to join a sponsored fitness circuit led by a Professional athlete, who will educate, enable, and empower participants with a view to inspire them as champions of tomorrow.
While we’re not all athletically inclined we strongly encourage participation, because all youth have talent and require inspiration to pursue their dreams - whatever they may be! After 10 years of success, we can promise a highly memorable event!
SFC events are held in support of schools, which keep 60% of the funds raised to spend on resources that will enrich young peoples’ education/experience. Professional athletes in need of support are the only other beneficiaries from the remaining 40%. SFC is a government audited organization that is voluntarily registered with the Fundraising Regulator. You can support the initiative with assurance.
During the assembly, SFC athletes show medals and tell their story, hard work, lessons, and insights shared to capture the imagination of all and inspire healthier active lifestyles. Athletes discuss challenges on the road to success, with resilience, nutrition, diet, and dedication forming key topics. Fitness is essential for every young person’s general wellbeing in physical and mental health. It is also proven to be a strong booster of learning potential or brain power. By inspiring children as champions of tomorrow, SFC envision youth growing in all walks of life as healthy, [pro] active community-minded talents.
Alongside Team SFC, athletes invest in local communities to avail of support with training-related costs (e.g. physio/travel). Most world-class athletes train a rigorous 35hr week and struggle to find reliable work that fits their schedule. This is how the funds we raise enable athletes and your school/club to realise their potential. Many pro athletes are unsponsored, lose support, or cannot find it.
Sports For Champions CIC offers schools the benefit of an added investment on resources/facilities, whilst helping athletes with the funds required to sustain their journey with a contribution towards training and competition fees, medical costs, equipment, and more.
Burnt Tree Primary School is receiving an inspirational visit from renowned Professional athlete David Smith on the 12th of May and we need your support!
The pupils will benefit from Physical activity, an inspirational talk including medal display and a Q&A session.
Why is this important?
Burnt Tree Primary School need to recover and rebuild after the national lockdown and with the help of a visit from David Smith the pupils and teachers will be given the tools to respond to issues like a pandemic, begin to focus on friendships and social engagement all while improving their physical and mental well being.
Burnt Tree Primary School will benefit from the money raised to invest in key front-line services and equipment.
How can you help?
We're asking all parents to help make it a memorable event for the pupils with the help of David Smith and to raise funds for key resources for Burnt Tree Primary School
If you are a local business or a friend of the school and would like to contribute to help us get to our target then please do make a donation and share our project as far as you can.