Donate to this charity
What do we do?
Our mission at Athletic Minds Foundation (formerly Get Fit 4 Mental Wellness) is to enhance mental health and provide FREE support to individuals in need. We currently offer a wide range of daily sessions at our Wellness Centre in Halifax, where people can gather, connect and receive peer support in a safe and welcoming environment. We strongly believe in the power of community and encourage families to participate in our programmes.
In addition to our daily sessions, we conduct free mental health workshops on important topics such as Dealing with Anxiety, Suicide Awareness, and Grief and Loss. These workshops aim to equip individuals with the necessary knowledge and tools to navigate their mental health challenges effectively.
Our flagship initiative is the ground breaking 8-week Mental Wellness Programme, which has proven to be life-changing for our participants. This programme provides free access to therapy, psycho-education and fitness/nutritional advice, enabling individuals to transform their lives and achieve a state of positive mental well-being.
We also offer free, almost instant access counselling services, saving our service users from lengthy waiting lists and providing crucial early intervention to this in mental health crisis.
We have a large and supportive online community, which regularly engages through interactive live videos. This platform serves as a valuable resource for those who are struggling and provides a safe space for individuals to connect, seek wellness tips and reach out for support.
What do our clients say?
“The course has been amazing, absolutely life-changing. I no longer feel suicidal”.
“I learnt that I wasn’t alone. I couldn’t fault the process. This needs to be done all over the country. Thank you”.
“I didn’t know what to expect and was quite sceptical as nothing had ever worked before. Therapy has unlocked things I didn’t expect. I feel like I’ve gotten rid of all the baggage, trauma and self-doubt. It’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I’ve never experienced anything like it. I am excited for my future. I now have all the tools and capabilities to live the life I’ve always wanted”.
We're coming to Manchester!
We have recently secured a new location for our Manchester Hub right in the heart of the city centre. Our focus is to create an open space for those in need, complete with an in-house gym facility. We want to recreate our award-winning service for the people of Manchester and reach even more people in need of urgent mental health support.
In the long term, and to ensure sustainability for our charitable activities, we aim to establish a subscription-based model that allows local businesses to provide access to our Wellness Centre for their staff. This will not only promote employee well-being but also cultivate a supportive work environment.
Why are we Crowdfunding?
Despite our success and the positive impact we have already made, our new Manchester City Centre facilities require some renovation to accommodate the growing demand for our services. We need your help in obtaining the vital funding for this much-needed renovation project and we want to get going as soon as possible.
We have ambitious plans for our Manchester Hub to further expand our services and reach. Our future goals include:
- Subscription-based model for local businesses: We aim to establish a model that allows local businesses to provide access to our Wellness Centre for their staff. This will not only promote employee well-being but also foster a supportive work environment.
- Charity drop-off points for the homeless: We plan to designate charity drop-off points within our facility, where individuals can donate essential items for the homeless. By actively engaging with the community in this way, we hope to address the immediate needs of those experiencing homelessness and provide them with the support they critically need.
- Silent gym and women's only gym sessions: Recognising the diverse preferences and needs of our community, we intend to introduce silent gym sessions, providing a quiet and focused workout environment. Additionally, we will offer dedicated women's only gym sessions to create a comfortable space where women can exercise without any reservations.
- Meditation room with preloaded headphones: To cater to individual preferences and needs, we envision a meditation room equipped with preloaded headphones offering a variety of sounds and brainwaves. This will allow individuals to personalise their meditation experience and find the style that best suits their well-being goals and find some much needed quiet in the middle of busy lives.
- Private counselling rooms: In response to the growing demand for mental health support, we aim to provide private, in-house counselling rooms for on-demand use. These confidential spaces will enable individuals to access our professional counselling services conveniently and promptly.
- Private training rooms for course delivery: To foster personal and professional development, we plan to build private training rooms within our facility. These rooms will serve as versatile spaces for delivering courses and workshops, empowering individuals to acquire new skills and knowledge.
Additionally, we are excited to introduce an open kitchen facility within our Manchester hub. This facility will serve as a platform for providing healthy and cost-effective food options for purchase. We plan to collaborate with local supermarkets and restaurants to acquire donations of surplus food, reducing food waste and ensuring that our offerings are accessible to all. By utilising these donated ingredients, our open kitchen will be able to provide nutritious meals and snacks at affordable prices. This initiative not only supports our commitment to promoting physical well-being, but also fosters community engagement by encouraging sustainable practices and partnerships.
We aim to create a welcoming environment within the open kitchen where individuals can gather, connect and learn about healthy eating habits through workshops and cooking classes. This holistic approach to wellness will empower our community to make informed choices about their nutrition and overall well-being. It will also allow us to provide employability skills and training for those who are out of work and looking to secure employment.
By incorporating an open kitchen facility into our Manchester Hub, we are taking another step towards building a sustainable business model. The revenue generated from the sales of food will contribute directly to the operational costs of our charity, ensuring its long-term viability and continued provision of essential services.