We are a family business run by Arran and Helena. One being the muscle and the other the brains...although we’re not sure which one does which...Harty's is just one of the many adventures we’ve taken together.
Our son's Vincent and Austin have been helping us with every aspect of the business during their recent time at home. Complete with homemade name badges, of course!
Harty’s Wooden Things was born out of a passion for eco-friendly, beautiful homewares and gifts that can be treasured and passed down through the generations.
We are the Superheroes of the wooden world, rescuing discarded pieces of wood, destined for landfill and turning them into something beautiful and useful once again. We’ll just have to think of a Superhero name and a catchy theme tune for us both, not forgetting some awesome Super Suits. Hmmm, think it maybe time to hit the gym again!
All our products have a story to tell, and we can tell you all their stories!
The Walnut Memory Box we have created for you used to be an old entrance hall floor, the solid beech soap dish were the arms from a chair in the staff room of our local primary school. Ohhh, if only they could talk….
In our 18 months of trading we have grown from strength to strength, we have a wonderful, loyal customer base, in fact 30% of our sales are returning customers and a large proportion come through by recommendation.
We are definitely doing something right!
Harty’s mission is simple. We want to create beautiful, sustainable, unique products that offer fantastic quality and excellent value for money.
The core materials that we use are repurposed, this extends to our packaging, which we create ourselves from used boxes and oddments of cardboard! We use paper tape, eco-friendly labels and adhesives and our business is single-use plastic free - our products, literally don’t cost the Earth!!
With your help we will be able to:
- Purchase a stand alone laser engraving machine that is user-friendly, safe for school use, efficient, can meet our needs as a growing business and is kinder to the environment than many of the major machines on the market.
- Work with the local schools in our community to create workshops that help children understand the importance of recycling, being eco-friendly and reducing waste.
- Increase our productivity and meet our increasing customer demands.
- Take on an apprentice who will develop skills and creativity, offer training and growth in our business, to eventually building up a small workforce.
- Grow our business, by widening the products and services that we can offer.
We can't thank you all enough for helping us, especially during these challenging times. We are flexible enough to be able to embrace the changes so that, with your assistance, we become stronger as people and as a business. A business that will continue to thrive and grow, giving opportunities and benefits in employment and our community for the long term.
Arran & Helena Hart.