I’ve always worked for charities or social enterprises until recently when I fell into having an online accessories store (www.dickiebow.co.uk). I realised im good at it but miss my previous life where I was contributing a little something rather than just earning a living.
Soooo, I realised that I can combine my interests and skills to create a not-for-profit online shop.
Like lots of others, as a new mum I realised the sheer volumn of plastic and waste our one little
person had contributed already and I want to attempt to offset some of this. I’ve also been struck by some of the recent documentaries highlighting the impact of our current consumer lifestyle. I’m farrr from perfect on this front but game to try and make it easier for us all to make some little changes in the right direction.
Our first product is Brush with bamboo - the first vegan, biodegradable toothbrush!
Every part of Brush with Bamboo’s Adult toothbrush is plant-based: bristles, handle, and box.
- Soft bristles are made from a base of castor bean oil. Bristles made in USA.
- The handle is made from Certified 100% Organic Bamboo (certified by CERES of Germany).
- The box encasing the toothbrush is made from paper – no tape or glue is used.
- Your bamboo toothbrushes can be used for just as long as plastic toothbrushes.
- USDA Certified Biobased. Green American Certified. Certified Organic Bamboo. Vegan. BPA-Free. Natural and Non-toxic.
We’ll keep reinvesting to identify and add more products that meet our objectives of:
- offering a way to have less plastic in your life
- be good for you
- be made by like minded companies
- support rather than exploit workers
Hopefully in time we’ll be a great one stop shop for hygiene and homewares (I’ve got my eyes on bees wax wraps soon!).
We’ll also explore setting up community shops to enable additional products, have less carbon footprint and be a way to identify specific needs within the community which we can contribute too.