At Oasis Hubs Oldham & Leesbrooke, too many of the children in our community already faced real challenges. In the wake of the COVID-19 virus crisis, those challenges have often become insurmountable; and our work has never been more vital.
Our volunteers and staff are already at work distributing food packages and visiting homes to ensure that our children are safe. Staying in touch with our most vulnerable families has become increasingly difficult with the lockdown.
Here at the Oasis Hubs, we are working to rapidly scale up emergency provisions in response to this crisis. The current challenge comes in meeting the demands we are seeing while receiving fewer donations. We need your help to keep our services running.
Food is prepacked and delivered through our staff team and volunteers.
At a time of social distancing, this is the easiest way for you to support those in need. Help us with our Crowdfunder so that we can ensure no-one in our local community goes hungry at this time of crisis.
Any amount will help and be put to good use directly in supporting our communities. We are already active and have the contacts, and volunteers in place to make the best use of any donations. However, as for examples of the amount that really help:
- £2 would provide a meal for one child
- £15 will feed a child for an entire week
- £25 will keep a family in necessary supplies for a week
- £50 funds four one hour sessions with struggling families, children and vulnerable adults helping them access support and providing critical advice and advocacy
- £100 funds an entire day's worth of vital interventions assisting children struggling through the current crisis with one-to-one, and peer-led mentoring, mental health and wellbeing advice and guidance, and online activities.