NORCON is an independently run, friendly annual Comic Con held at the Norfolk Showground Indoor Arena with the aim to bring together like minded people to enjoy geek popular culture for a weekend of fun with traders, stage shows, celebrity guests and so much more.
We now also provide a platform for small local businesses, food and drink providers, artists, crafts people, as well as traders and exhibitors from across the UK to come together and celebrate all that is geek.
2020 was to be our 10th anniversary and we had so much planned. However, as with so many of our fellow event organisers, in the light of current restrictions, it is the only right and responsible option for everyone involved that we have made the decision to postpone NORCON until 2021. The safety and well-being of every person either attending, trading or staffing the event has to take precedence over everything else.
NORCON has only ever been about trying to put on the best event we can for our visitors. It has taken us 10 years to get to where we are now with an event that has a great reputation across the region.
But now we need your help.
Over the years we have worked hard to build NORCON's credibility and reputation and to make it into the special event that it is. We were described in an article in SciFi Now Magazine as, "...probably the friendliest convention on Earth". Not just a Comic Con but a Comic Con with a soul. We are continually amazed at the generosity and commitment of all those we work with in organising and running the event. Everyone does so voluntarily and we all feel an immense sense of pride in what we have achieved and built up.
Pride and responsibility go hand in hand and we have never asked for help before as we have always found ways to get through the challenges that present themselves when organising an event on this scale.
The challenge that everyone is facing now is unprecedented and we are all trying to find a way through. As previously said, the events industry has been hit exceptionally hard and there is little or no support for us.
With your support, we want to look beyond these times and help build something bright for us all to look forward to again.
Your pledge will:
- Help us cover operational costs to secure the future of NORCON in 2021 and beyond
- Help cover non-refundable costs already incurred.
- Ensure we can come back with a bang and deliver the best NORCON yet when we return in 2021!
NORCON is more than just a Comic Con. We are a community that supports one another and by helping secure the future of NORCON in 2021 and beyond, it will continue to help:
- Our local traders, local food vendors, local stage technicians and local infrastructure suppliers such as Hotels, Printers, Marketing companies, Advertising companies and many more services we have to use that you probably never thought of. Supporting us will give them some security in knowing the future of NORCON will remain a source of income over the coming years
- Provide a platform for our Artists, Guests and Displays to promote themselves and also earn an income via NORCON.
- Give exposure and donations to our supported charity that we choose each year.
We would like to thank you in advance for your time and generosity in supporting us at this challenging time and to helping keep the very special NORCON Event going.
Stay Safe and with your help, we look forward to seeing you in 2021.