Many big thank yous to all who have pledged to support our project; after 10 days we have reached 44% of our target (£2240 of £5000) and we'd like to thank everyone who has put up some cash! With the summer on its way, and nine teams to field at Launceston Cricket Club, your support is very valuable to us; thank you. Now to get the other 56% - please share and let's see if we can get to our target! :)
Our project at Launceston Cricket Club is to build two lanes of ‘outdoor nets’ to ECB specifications, so that our flourishing Juniors, Ladies and Seniors sections can enjoy practicing on high quality surfaces with excellent safety provision.
The cost for the whole project is £25,000; we have been very fortunate to have received grants for nearly £20,000; we are now launching a Crowdfunder appeal to raise £5,000 to complete the project.
Launceston CC has been based at our new ground and facilities at Lawhitton since 2003, and we welcome all players and supporters, new and old.
Our 1st XI play in Cornwall Division 2 East. Our 2nd XI play in Division 4 East, and our 3rd XI play in Division 6 East.
We have a Ladies' Section which will play in the Cornwall League in 2016, and we run an Evening League team. Our Ladies and Under 15s practice on Wednesday evenings.
Our Juniors' Section meets every week on Fridays 5.30pm - 7.30pm for the very young, Under 9s, Under 11s and Under 13s.
We run age group teams for Under 9, Under 11, Under 13s, Under 15s and offer all year-round ECB qualified coaching to boys and girls from ages 7 to 15.
You will be very welcome at our friendly, family club; come along and see what we have to offer cricketers of all abilities!
This project will benefit our community immensely - our Juniors and Ladies sections grow and are more successful every year; our links with four local schools grow stronger too.
In 2015 we hosted representative matches for the Cornwall Schools Cricket Association, and for Cornwall Ladies. We hope that by improving our facilities we will be able to host more such matches in future.
The potential for growth and success at our club should increase dramatically when we complete this project; we hope you'll feel able to support us.
From one of 'our' parents:
"LCC is a friendly, welcoming club with a real focus on developing young cricketers.
Having re-located to Cornwall in 2013 we joined the club after our children attended an Easter holiday cricket “taster session”. Since then my son has had enormous fun learning how to play cricket, taking part in Under 9s cricket festivals. So far my daughter has played for LCC’s Under 11s, Under 13s, Ladies and the Adult 3rds teams as well as being nominated by the club for County selection.
Last season she played for Cornwall County Under 13 Ladies team and she has been selected for the Under 15 squad for 2016.
This fundraising appeal will continue to build upon the excellent junior cricket programme that the club is promoting, allowing many more youngsters the opportunity to play and love cricket."
We can only make this happen with your help.
Please tell your family, friends, colleagues and business contacts about our project... and don't forget to pledge!
“Launceston CC has been on the up for many years. Tireless energy, enthusiasm and fundraising has resulted in the development of a new ground and pavilion that have formed the foundations for a thriving environment in which to play, watch and enjoy cricket at the heart of the community. The addition of outdoor nets will make an enormous difference to the potential of the club allowing Launceston's many teams to train, practice and develop their skills on a regular basis. Having such a facility will promote a coaching culture of improvement, help to bring the teams together and continue to maintain the positive momentum that has been growing at the club over recent times”. Mark Bawden