We are a mainstream primary school, in Balderton, Nottinghamshire. Currently 3 children attend the school who use wheelchairs or walkers. Unfortunately, the minibus we currently use is 10 years old and not compatible with wheelchair or disabled access.
In order we can support all children to have an inclusive education with exactly the same opportunities, we want to purchase a Minibus with wheelchair / disabled access.
Our children have made a short video to support our project, which can be viewed at https://vimeo.com/267375494, the password is ‘m1n1bus’
- all children to take part in trips out of school, both locally and further afield, such as visits to other schools, sporting activities, religious activities and curriculum linked visits and residentials.
- all children will be allowed to develop lively enquiring minds promoting constructive attitudes and values to learning.
- everyone having the right to be treated equally, no matter what their gender, race, disability or individual needs.
- all children should have an equal opportunity to reach their potential, regardless of their circumstances.
- all children from both schools to be able to take part in activities together and visit each others school.
Last year our school celebrated its 50th Anniversary and funding a new wheelchair accessible minibus would be an amazing legacy and make a massive difference to the children at our school and the whole community.
Thank you very much!