Virtual Walk Challenge - 'April Amble'
Fundraising for MenWalkTalk [Registered Charity Number: 1188361]
Walk 10, 20 or 30 Miles in April for MenWalkTalk to support the charity in building a team of trained volunteers who can facilitate MenWalkTalk groups in more communities across Sussex and the United Kingdom!
Donate today and then come over and join our Strava Club to track your distance:
MenWalkTalk wants to be able to train and develop volunteer 'walk-leaders' in Mental Health First Aid (£125 per volunteer) and to pay for equipment costs for the 'walk-leaders' (approx £100 per volunteer).
Here are a few ideas to get those distances:
- Take the dog for a longer walk
- Take the stairs, not the lift
- Take a walk on your lunch break with a colleague
- Park further away from your office/shop
- Explore your local area on foot
- Take some time out and get some fresh air
MenWalkTalk aims to promote men's mental health and support, encourage more men to get outdoors and open up, breaking the stigma around men's mental health and encourages men to forge new friendships with other men in their community.