Mute Collective’s new hoodie range brings you an injection of durable designs and creative individuality, safe in the knowledge that each garment is designed to be loved year after year, helping to slow the rolling ball of fast fashion.
*Did you know that the fashion industry is the world's second-largest polluter, right behind the oil industry! Statistics show that on average each UK consumer sends 30kg of clothing and textiles per capita to landfill every year. That’s a total of **350,000 tonnes of clothing and the equivalent weight of almost 30,000 London buses.
Research has suggested that ***If the average life of clothes could be extended by just nine months it could reduce carbon, water and waste footprints by 20-30%.
Let's become the change we want to see in the fashion industry together, instead of buying 5 hoodies a year that fall appart buy one that you will love at that will last.
What is a Mute Hoody?
- Feature Full – Every hoodie aims to bring a little more ease to your every day endeavours from under arm vents, to media pockets, lift pass pockets, thumb holes and oversized hoods that will fit over the woolliest of hats.
- Durable - Designed to last with zero planned obsolescence and free hugs.
- Collaborative – Our talented collective of artists, photographers and filmmakers work together to showcase their innovative designs and creative media projects. Meaning with every garment you wear, you become part of our living exhibition.
- Ecological – Oeko Tex 100 certifies our production, so all fabrics are as they should be; free from harmful substances and chemical residues.
- Ethically Made – Our manufacturers exchange ethical supply chain data with Sedex to keep up to date with labour standards, health and safety, the environment and business ethics.
- One Of The Family – By pledging today you are joining our journey to a sustainable future and becoming part of a community passionate about doing what we can to protect the world we live in.
Reaching out to our customers before production begins is a great way for us to determine quantities and size popularities of each design. This in turn reduces waste and any over production of less popular sizes. The funds raised will also allow us to transition into using recycled and biodegradable packaging during dispatch and carry out important research into more sustainable materials for next years production.
Who are Mute Collective?
We create garments that live with you through your journeys. Our collaborative clothing company aims to inspire, awaken and accompany your new adventures whilst maintaining a strong environmental responsibility.
Mute is an expressive community, aiming to share what we learn whilst embracing all new research and advice. A sustainable future is something we are passionate about and striving towards with every swing tag, fabric and thread. We are going through a transformation and engraining this way of life into how we operate both as a business and in our daily lives. Each and every pledge will truly help us put important research into action.
We have just become proud new members of 1% for the planet, an organisation created to collectively support the movement of positive environmental change. The network pairs businesses with charities worldwide, proving that by collaborating we can do more together than we can alone.
**** Did you know that every time we wash our clothes synthetic microfibers make their way into our oceans and the marine life that inhabit it. This growing problem has been deemed even more pervasive than micro beads, which have recently been banned in the US with the UK soon to follow suit. More research is being carried out to get to the root of the cause and a variety of solutions are being explored. This research however, has lead us to seriously consider the fabric compositions we use in each new collection.
Interested in finding out more about sustainable fashion? Join our newsletter to learn with us as we share what we have discovered in our monthly blogs.
A thousand thank-you's for beliving in our project and pledging today! We are extremely excited about working towards our sustainable future and warmly welcome feedback or suggestions from previous collections. Our passion is to create and collaborate with the whole collective.
'A highly anticipated launch! We can't wait to get these in the shop' - Sophie Bass, Bristol Co-Lab's Store Manager
'Summer beach hols or winter ski it's always in my suitcase' - David Gibbon, A Happy Customer
New Drop-off hoodie is lovely, Mute Pebble tee is also lovely but didn't even get to try it on – My daughter got there first!' - Caroline James, Happy Customer
Meet the Creators of this years collection
- Emma Bell – Founder of Mute, fabric enthusiast, lover of the mountains and big fan of a mean chilli con carne.
- Tree Artists – What would a collective be without a collaborative garment! All artwork trees on the Forest Hoody were sent in by you our lovely Mute fam
- Kate Wood – Artwork Features on: Native - festival going, globe trotting, wanderlust inspired doodler.
- Ben Payne – The Brizzle Hoody - pattern loving print maker, that enjoys Iggy Pop and William Morris equally.
- Callum Dyson - Artwork Features on: Night Flight
- Jody Hartley – Camera wielding, long legged, pun loving, capturer of moments and souls.
Thanks goes to:
- Aidy Brooks – Editor & Infograph specialist, partial to a chamomile tea.
- Ruth Farrar – Soothing sound coach
- Ollie H Smith - Filmmaker
Athletes, Models & Friends: Philipa Marchant, Hwey Marchant, Joe Stanbridge, Kristiano Sorders, Issac Ward, Jay Shoot, Giovas Loisios, Fiona Farrell, Sam Drowzer, SUP Bristol, Cwm Carn Uplifts, Verity Jones, Laura Hawthorne,
Backing music: memories www.bensound.com
Sizing and Shipping
All hoodies are currently unisex and sizes run from S-XL.
For individuals or bespoke bundles combinations shipped internationally please contact us to add your unique pledge.
If we reach £8500 we will be able to attend the trade shows and events needed to help promote Mute Collective.
If we reach £11,000+ we will be able to continue research and begin our sustainable sampling process.