THANK YOU TO THE OVER 100 SUPPORTERS WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED SO FAR (many before this page was even launched) and the dozens of people who have run and biked OVER 1400 MILES SO FAR!
The pandemic is far from over, and supporting communities in need around the world is more important than ever in the critical months ahead.
What we're doing: Turquoise Mountain staff, friends and supporters around the world are coming together to run and bike over 1,000 "Mountain Miles" collectively, with a 30-mile bike ride through the hills of the California coast, a run along the coast of Cornwall, and runs through the beautiful landscapes of Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.
Why it's important:"Mountain Miles" will support The Ferozkoh Family Health Centre, an urban clinic established and operated by Turquoise Mountain.
- This clinic provides community-oriented primary health care and family medicine in the heart of the Old City of Kabul, Afghanistan.
- The clinic specializes in maternal-child health and community health outreach
- It has served over 130,000 patients over the last decade (70% of whom are women).
- It is run on an efficient, streamlined budget – for $50 we can provide patient care to one family.
We invite everyone to get involved:
- You can pledge a donation in support of the runners and bikers, for example $1 or £1 for each mile we collectively ride and run.
- You can run or bike any distance yourself to help us reach our goal - take a photo/video and let us know!
- You can share the campaign and our Crowdfunder page – through your mailing list, social media (tag @turquoisemountain or #mountainmiles), or just by reaching out to three friends who might want to help!
Please join us in this community effort.
One visit to the clinic costs only $50 per family, and all funds raised in this campaign will go directly toward the cost of the clinic.
We know that resources will be stretched across many important causes in the months ahead – even a modest contribution can have a massive impact in such a vulnerable community.
All of us at Turquoise Mountain - from Kabul to Jordan to the US and UK - offer our sincerest thanks for your support.
UK donations are eligible for Gift Aid.
To make a tax deductible US donation to the 501c3 Turquoise Mountain Foundation go to www.turquoisemountain.org/donate - this will still be counted towards this project!
If you have questions about supporting this effort via a donor-advised fund, US tax-deductible contributions, or anything else, please contact [email protected]