Who Are You?
Hi! This is me, Charmaine, the founder of “Moon Tea!”
I was 6 months pregnant with my second child when this photo was taken, after we sat for afternoon tea at The Langham.
“I have been a passionate herbal tea drinker for as long as I can remember. I believe that there is no event, mood or ailment that can’t be made a little better without drinking tea.”
Why Menstrual Tea?
When my periods returned after birth I began to experience significant lows that affected every aspect of my life. This led to the unfortunate diagnosis that I have a condition called PMDD, a pre menstrual dysphoric disorder that is like PMS, only so so much worse.
Treating PMS with herbs
Having PMS/ PMDD affects your physical, mental and emotional health. It can be debilitating. I started medicating with herbs and began to develop a deeper understanding of how herbalism can benefit women’s menstrual health in general.
Bringing both my passions for tea and herbs with my struggles with PMDD is what led me to “Moon Tea.”
What Is Moon Tea?
With the continuing rise of health and wellness trends, Millennial and Gen Z women are turning to alternative caffeine-free beverages including herbal teas due to their medicinal and healing properties.
“The herbal tea market is set to grow with almost 70% of the growth being driven by female tea drinkers.”
Moon Tea is a niche wellness tea that is used by women and those who suffer with menstrual health issues during the course of their menstrual cycle.
The goal is to create a cool modern premium herbal tea brand that promotes the natural and holistic practice of treating women’s health.
Moon Tea ultimately wants to help every woman with menstrual issues and is interested in the healing practices of herbal tea drinking.
What Is In The Product?
- 100% natural premium Hibiscus & Rose Tea blend
Benefits of HibiscusHibiscus can help reduce the pain and discomfort of period cramps and combined with Rose tea can help to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
It can also boost your immune system and help to prevent colds and flu and aid the digestive system.
Benefits of Rose TeaRose tea has been used in folk medicine to alleviate menstrual pain and heavy bleeding for many years.
Studies have shown that at the completion of one, three, and six months of drinking Rose tea, results showed that the girls who drank rose tea felt less pain, anxiety, and distress during menstruation.
Our tea is sourced from some of the best tea plantations from around the world. Each batch is hand-blended and Made In The U.K.
What Is In The Packaging?
- 100% recyclable packaging
- Moon Tea aligns with progressive sustainability practices to ensure our business is doing more than good for the environment and the women it serves.
What I Have Achieved So Far
• Completed a 4 month research & development project
• Created an Instagram account and secured over 200 followers with over 10% engagement rate
• Instructed a tea blending and consultancy business to work with me to develop the blend and establish the new brand
• Gained significant positive feedback about the concept itself
• Launched a landing page and formulated the company into a Limited by shares business
• Started the process of developing the new blend, samples have been focused down into one blend which we are in the process of perfecting
What Some Women Have Said:
“Would love to try this” @statusflow.co
“I’m really looking forward to trying some moon tea.” @melj007
“I would definitely buy this” — Jocelyn Hawthorne
“Count me in, I love tea!” — Ellie Pearson
What Will We Do With The Money ?
1. Complete on the new blend and order our first batch of tea!
2. Hire a graphic designer to complete on the packaging and label design
3. Purchase Packaging
4. Host a soft launch where key bloggers and press can taste the product and be photographed as a marketing exercise for the wider campaign