- Invest into working on expansion of the tea brand and introducing a new blend.
Hi! This is me, Charmaine, the founder of “Moon Tea!”
I was 6 months pregnant with my second child when this photo was taken, after we sat for afternoon tea at The Langham.
When my periods returned after birth I began to experience significant lows that affected every aspect of my life. This led to the unfortunate diagnosis that I have a condition called PMDD, a pre menstrual dysphoric disorder that is like PMS, only so so much worse.
Having PMS/ PMDD affects your physical, mental and emotional health. It can be debilitating. I started medicating with herbs and began to develop a deeper understanding of how herbalism can benefit women’s menstrual health in general.
Bringing both my passions for tea and herbs with my struggles with PMDD is what led me to “Moon Tea.”
With the continuing rise of health and wellness trends, Millennial and Gen Z women are turning to alternative caffeine-free beverages including herbal teas due to their medicinal and healing properties.
Moon Tea is a niche wellness tea that is used by women and those who suffer with menstrual health issues during the course of their menstrual cycle.
The goal is to create a cool modern premium herbal tea brand that promotes the natural and holistic practice of treating women’s health.
Moon Tea ultimately wants to help every woman with menstrual issues and is interested in the healing practices of herbal tea drinking.
• Completed a 4 month research & development project
• Created an Instagram account and secured over 200 followers with over 10% engagement rate
• Instructed a tea blending and consultancy business to work with me to develop the blend and establish the new brand
• Gained significant positive feedback about the concept itself
• Launched a landing page and formulated the company into a Limited by shares business
• Started the process of developing the new blend, samples have been focused down into one blend which we are in the process of perfecting
“Would love to try this” @statusflow.co
“I’m really looking forward to trying some moon tea.” @melj007
“I would definitely buy this” — Jocelyn Hawthorne
“Count me in, I love tea!” — Ellie Pearson
1. Complete on the new blend and order our first batch of tea!
2. Hire a graphic designer to complete on the packaging and label design
3. Purchase Packaging
4. Host a soft launch where key bloggers and press can taste the product and be photographed as a marketing exercise for the wider campaign
This project offers rewards in return for your donation.