On Saturday 8th June 2019 we want to host another Migrant Connections Festival in London.
But we need your help.
For the last two years, we have been bringing together a wonderful community of people of different backgrounds through practical support, workshops and creative performances. And we need your help to carry on supporting this community with another Migrant Connections Festival.
What do we want?
- To build and nurture relationships where you wouldn’t make relationships in everyday life.
- To provide a friendly atmosphere where people can come along to talk, learn and see something fun.
- Through these aims, we hope to fight social isolation and foster community and solidarity.
That’s why we focus on centring the voices and participation of migrants in the very process of organising the event. We are creating a festival with the community led by the community.
This year we are very excited to be collaborating with Grow London in Tottenham - a social enterprise that works with local communities and landowners to create spaces for gardening, learning and social life.
- The festival will be another day of migrant-led workshops & performances - showcasing arts and creativity from the migrant community.
- We will provide a free lunch, creche facilities & free travel to all migrants & refugees attending.
- Provide holistic healing - massage therapy , yoga & gardening sessions to nurture and support wellbeing.
- Host workshops & sessions on: practical support, wellbeing & mental health, effective solidarity, education and housing access, anti-deportation & detention support & action.
Venue hire, decorations & cleaning - £600
Logistical transport - £70
Marketing - £100
Workshop materials - £200
Food (refreshments and lunch) - £500
Travel expenses for attendees going through asylum - £350
Fees for migrant performers and facilitators - £800
Community-building events prior to festival - £300
Total - £2,920