In 2020 I am aiming to compete in the MINI CHALLENGE JCW class with my own team. I am currently looking to compete in the final 3 meetings of the Mazda MX-5 Championship in 2019, to gain more experience and knowledge so I am fully prepared for the 2020 season.
The BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship really is the affordable way to go motor racing and is the perfect starting point for those coming into the sport for the first time.
- Arguably the best supported championship in UK club motorsport with more than 90 registered drivers across the 2018 season, providing intense, door-to-door single make sports car racing on a budget.
- Series makes use of the Mk1 Mazda MX-5, one of the best small sportscars of all time that provides a true challenge to master for drivers of all experience levels, backgrounds and ages.
- An average of more than 40+ cars entered on any given weekend, allowing for split grids with a promotion/ relegation system to allow drivers to race their way to the front of the field across three races.
My name is Neil Cogan. I have been interested, passionate and involved in motor racing from an early age. My lifelong ambition has always to be a professional racing driver. I currently hold a racing license and have tested in many different varieties of racing which I feel has given me more experience and knowledge of the sport and what is required to be successful. I have been go-karting since I was six years old in various karts and at various venues. At my local go-karting venue I have consistently finished no lower than third position, producing equal lap times every lap and I was therefore invited to compete for a NKA karting championship. My recent racing history includes testing in an MG ZR and competing in a Renault Clio scholarship where there were two timed sessions and my quickest lap time improved by 2.5 seconds from the first session to the second. I have also competed in successful MINI Cooper Challenges at Oulton Park and Donington Park. Most recently I competed in a karting race at my local venue where I claimed pole position and won with lapping everyone in the process. I am eager to take the next step in my racing career and compete in a professional championship.
I am looking to enter my own team in the 2020 MINI CHALLENGE JCW class, supporting the British Touring Car Championship (BTCC). I am currently aiming to compete in the final 3 meetings of the Mazda MX-5 Championship (last 3 rounds and dates listed below), to gain more experience and knowledge, as well as to prepare myself for the 2020 season, (as there are limitations on testing).
Mazda MX-5 Championship Final 3 meetings:
Oulton Park 3rd August 3 Races
Donington Park 17th - 18th August 3 Races
Silverstone International 5th - 6th October 3 Races
The £12,000 (£4,000 per meeting) target will cover the following items:
- Car Hire
- Entrance Fees
- 3 Races
- Full Trackside Support
Everyone who donates will:
- Receive a signed thank you photo/poster from the event
- A free 'thank you for your support' t-shirt
- A thank you message via my Twitter and Facebook pages.
Donate £20 and be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of general admission tickets to the event.
Donate £40 and be entered into a prize draw a pair of general admission tickets to a MINI CHALLENGE JCW race meeting in 2020