- Reduce the number of male suicides in Cornwall
- Dismantle the stigma that surrounds men’s mental health
- Improve the mental health and well being of our members generally
- Provide safe environments at over 30 locations across Cornwall where men aged 18+ can meet and talk or just listen.
- Facilitate non judgmental peer support at all groups
- Have an informal meeting at least once a fortnight at each location
- Encourage each location group to become self managing
- Ensure our members never have to pay for any of our meetings or activities, nor wait or have to book – all meetings are “walk-in”
- Raise funds and awareness through various individual, corporate and community activities.
- Promote awareness and encourage new membersThrough channels including Facebook, Website, Instagram.Partners e.g. Barbers, Cafes, Churches, Sports Clubs & Gymnasia.
- Keep the meetings and the organisation informal, friendly, safe and innovative
- We do not provide any professional services or support nor recommend any particular counselors or health professionals.
- Maintain confidentiality and trust and personal respect within each and all groups - safeguarding all our members and volunteers
- We run monthly weekend retreats on the banks of the River Tamar, these are provided free to help support our members in recovering their mental health.
- To continuously innovate new ways of improving Men’s Mental Health in Cornwall
- To have a total of over 2,000 men attend our meetings by the end of 2020. ( we have so far welcomed over 700)
- Longer term to have permanent centres across Cornwall for members to use for their benefit.