A MakerSpace / HackSpace is a creative DIY place where people can meet, learn & invent using 3D Printers, Craft Supplies, Power Tools & more
MAKE Gosport is all that and more, lots lots more! Our goal is to build a space to bring Creativity, Community, Learning and Fun together with as well as aspiring entrepreneurs. At MAKE Gosport you will be able to:
- Take part in workshops run by the in-house team as well as outsourced experts to learn new skills
- Connect with other people who share similar interests and have the same kinds of goals and aspirations
- Gain access to support and advice for entrepreneurs
- Invent new things with tools like 3D Printers, laser cutters, welding equipment, hand tools, power tools, micro-controllers, and computers
- Learn YouTube Video Production skills and Photography or collaborate with others to contribute knowledge on exciting projects
- Gain access to tools and equipment you need to explore your creativity, learn new skills or help you work
- Find mentors and teachers to help develop the skills and knowledge that you think is important
That's just a short list of the things that will be possible at MAKE Gosport.
HELPING THE COMMUNITY
Our aim is not only to provide a workshop for people, but to engage with and help those that need a creative outlet, such as ex-offenders, people mental health issues, people in recovery and those looking to up-skill. Having worked in the recovery sector for a number of years, we identified that physical activities and creative outlets are an excellent way to help people, sometimes just having a social contact is enough.
What We Need
We need your help getting set up. For MAKE Gosport, that's mostly about equipment and getting the space set up.
Our First Target is £12,000,
This will enable us to get all the basic and boring stuff in place like roof repairs, toilets, more electricity capacity and fibre optic broadband etc.
We will also have the following areas set up:
· Assembly benches – an area where members can use a bench to work on their projects and use hand tools and portable power tools.
· Woodworking area – an area where people can use the bigger power tools like table saw, drill press, router table, band saw etc. when they need to and then take their pieces back to the assembly benches.
· CAD area – an area for 3D printers, laser cutters and CNC machines.
· Metalwork area – an area for welders, chop saws and metal cutting band saws etc.
· Electronics area – an area for soldering, testing, reworking and microprocessor programming.
The UK Makerspace Project is a local organisation aiming to open MakerSpaces across Hampshire.
MAKE Gosport will be located in Gosport, Hampshire, UK. People from all over the borough and surrounding surrounding towns/citys will have access to our workshops, tools, people and resources. We envision a vibrant community where members become makers, and the students become the teachers. We know that hands-on experience is the best way to learn.
We also know that sharing content, ideas, and workshops online is a great way to teach. That's where MAKE Gosport will be doing a new project each week specifically for YouTube as well as special projects each week for the members only area of the website which will include downloadable plans and resources to help people complete the same projects where ever they are in the world.
Other Ways You Can Help
Not everybody has extra cash, even for the best of causes. If that's you at the moment, you can still help out in big ways. Subscribe to our YouTube channel. Share This Campaign, Tell your friends and neighbours. Send us email and suggestions. Money is awesome. Building a community is great too!
Thank You, Thank You, and Thank You!
MAKE Gosport will allow so many residents the opportunity to connect and explore their creativity as well as foster new employment and business start-ups.
And we need your help.
Thank you all so much for your consideration.
- The UK Makerspace Team