Help us get elected in Tonbridge in 2019
Mark Hood and April Clark are standing for election to Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council in May 2019. We are already working hard to make a positive impact in our town (see below for some examples) - just think how much more we could achieve if we were elected! We currently have 48 Conservative councillors out of a total of 54 - Tonbridge desperately needs fresh new councillors who will hold the Council to account and truly represent our community.
We are also conscious that we may well have a general election to fight soon - so all funds raised will go directly to our Green campaigns for election in 2019. We in the Green Party don't have dodgy billionaire donors, we don't take dirty money from grubby big businesses and we're not in the pockets of media and union barons, but that means that we do have to ask our supporters and party members to dig deep, to contribute as much as you can.
Community Impact in 2018
- Nelson Arms - Saved from closure following a community campaign to turn this into an Asset of Community
- Value. The rejuvenated pub is once more a hub for the community.
- Tonbridge boatyard - Saved from ‘development’. This is now home to a boating community once more after a concerted effort to dissuade the owner from building apartments on the site.
- 20mph for Barden and beyond - After years of campaigning, residents in the Barden area have finally persuaded the authorities to introduce 20mph speed limits to their streets making them safer for all road users.
- Giving residents a voice - We organised a community meeting to inform residents about the Local Plan and how to object. The plan now goes to inspection in the New Year with residents voices heard.
For more information on Tonbridge and Malling Green Party, visit our website.