What we do
Whatever your age, our aim is to empower you to enrich your life and enable you to gain or retain Employment, Education or Voluntary Work. We offer an initial Registration meeting where we will discuss a tailor-made programme to suit your needs.
Subject to funding, we can then offer:
- GROW Your Confidence and Assertiveness Courses
- Learn My Way/Make Technology Work For You
- Mental Health First Aid
- Employability courses and Support
- Nutrition courses to support both physical and mental health
- Horticulture Therapy
- Music and Mind
- Self care and Life Balance
- We Hear You( one to one support)
- Low Cost( min £2, max £10 dependant on financial situation) Integrative Counselling and CBT via an organisation- Mind-Growth Mastery(MG-M)
- Voluntary Work Experience and other services as required
Our range of flexible courses expands to meet peoples personal needs.
From 2020 to date we have supported just under 100 people to develop confidence, reduce social isolation and improve their physical ad mental heath.
We delivered 65 hours of wellbeing courses,200 hours of Counselling sessions and we were available weekdays for one to one support.
Our success story
WSS ran a Horticultural Therapy course during the beginning of pandemic. The 11 attendees were all people who had suffered from stress, anxiety and depression in their recent lives. Many had held down good jobs in the past, but found themselves unemployed, lonely and lacking in confidence.
Over the 6 week course LM found his confidence returning and he enjoyed meeting other people and learning a practical skill.
6 months later LM took a part time job with a gardening company. One year on in 2021, despite the pandemic, LM is now fully employed and enjoying life both at work and at home. He is now able to help other people at a community allotment to gain practical skills and new friends.
Please help WSS to run more courses like this to help other people out of depression and loneliness and get back into work or a meaningful activity.