We have exciting plans and we can’t wait to welcome you back to your theatre!
2020 was a tough year, but your love and kindness has got us through! Thank you to everyone who converted their cancelled tickets into donations, donated to the theatre, pledged their return and shared messages of support. You have helped us to get to this point and we wouldn’t be here without you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Now here’s to the future…
We want to celebrate our fantastic city and provide opportunities and support for our community, so we’re excited to be sharing The Love Season with you.
- We’re reducing the ticket prices for all shows because we know our audiences’ incomes might have been impacted last year.
- We’re programming local artists, freelancers and theatre-makers whose livelihoods came to a grinding halt, with the biggest commission call-out we’ve ever done.
- We’re opening a patio bar to make your experience at York Theatre Royal even better.
- And, of course, we’re providing high-quality, exceptional live theatre for you in a socially distanced way to ensure that safety is never compromised.
Can you help us with this final stretch?
We’re launching the Love Your Theatre campaign and need your help to make our return a roaring success. If you Love Your Theatre, please consider donating to our Crowdfunding page. We’re matching every donation made, which has been made possible by some additional funding we have received!
Your donation will be automatically doubled and you can share twice as much love!
We know that not everyone will be in a position to help financially, but that doesn’t mean you can’t share the love and support your theatre. You can also support us by:
- Telling a friend: Anyone who wants to support us can contribute to our Crowdfunder campaign, give directly through our website or by signing up as a Member
- Sharing the love: You can share messages of support and why you love York Theatre Royal using the hashtag #LoveYourTheatreYork on Social Media
- Committing now, paying later: get in touch to discuss making a pledge for future giving or leaving us a legacy
Crowdfunder is making it 100% free for community and charity crowdfunding projects during the coronavirus crisis.