What's the project?
Liverpool Mutual Aid Group is a volunteer-run service with 6000 members in the Liverpool City Region. Our team of eight's focus during the Covid-19 pandemic is matching volunteers and services with citizens needing help whilst sharing important and well sourced information on a Facebook group.
So far, we've coordinated:
- Shopping / prescription deliveries
- Food parcels for the vulnerable / elderly
- Support and donations for local services (food banks etc.)
- Practical help with errands (dog walking, gardening, DIY)
- Signposting to information and services regarding rent, employment and benefits advice
- Provision of support, goods and services to key workers (including PPE).
We see our Facebook group as a working roadmap - bringing all of the great initiatives across Liverpool that are offering support together in one place, where they can be reached in one place, our Facebook group.
All of our work has been done with the help from volunteers. We do not take a wage or have any funding for what we do.
Any money raised through this crowdfund and through our project campaign with Liverpool SOUP, will be used as an emergency fund. 100% of money raised will go directly into supporting vulnerable people in need in our communities and projects that are providing support directly to the community.
We have increasingly found instances were people are needing emergency aid. We are easily accessible and well placed in the community to use that money towards providing that aid.
Thank you for considering us.