In case you're wondering why it's all gone quiet here at Little Hob Moor Trees, don't worry, I haven't run away to the Seychelles with your money. We are just waiting to get a meeting with the council to discuss final choice of trees etc. More info coming soon!! If you still would like to donate or get involved please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Visualisation of trees viewed from top end
In these times of changing climate, trees play a vital part in maintaining the health of the planet. The City of York Council, in common with many others, has recently declared a climate emergency and their plans to counteract the effects include planting trees. Little Hob Moor is owned by the council and they are willing to plant and maintain the trees but funding is needed to buy the trees and their necessary protection.
TREES DO LOTS FOR US!
- Improve our health by removing carbon dioxide from the environment
- Help prevent flooding and reduce erosion
- Increase oxygen in the air
- Absorb unwanted noise
- Improve our natural surroundings
- Help us maintain go mental health
We have volunteered to raise a target of £8000 to pay for around 40 trees and we are already half way their thanks to Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward Funding. The money raised will go towards
• A new glade of around 20 flowering cherry trees
• A new glade of white bark birch trees
• A row of around 8 large trees which will eventually replace the horse chestnuts
on Tadcaster Road which have a limited life span left
YOU CAN HELP BY
• Help us promote the project, leaflet neighbours and spread the word on social media
• Sponsor a tree and its protective fencing for £200
• Make a donation - any amount gratefully received!
• Help with the aftercare of the trees
For more information about how to get involved contact email@example.com