Who am I & what do I do?
Hi, I am Tina Stubbs a children's author & illustrator and I've developed a business called 'Life's Little Bugs.' whose aim is to teach children daily healthy habits without the tears & tantrums.
As a mother, I noticed there wasn't much support in aiding the practice of healthy habits that was both engaging and fun for children.
Brushing teeth, eating healthy food, hand washing, a growth mindset, to name a few.
So, I used my diploma in children's Illustration to create a series of seven colourful characters. Each one is representing a separate healthy habit that children can relate to & learn from.
Each character has it's own award-winning rhyming storybook to educate children, in a fun way, the cause, effect & practice of its healthy habit.
These then grew into workshops I visit schools with to support PSHE studies, and I've added other habit forming resources learned through my NLP studies and by sourcing expert advice.
My next project is to develop six workshops into healthy habit activity packs.
These workshops in a book will enable parents, teachers, carers, homeschoolers, nannies, health carers and childminders to use in all environments both at home & school to teach, support and build these essential habits for daily practice.
'To keep germs away' is the first in the series I am seeking funding for.
It teaches about handwashing and ways to prevent cold germs spreading. The benefits of the practice of these good habits are explained in a relaxed, fun way so as not to encourage fear or stress.
I have a prototype of the first, and it includes:
- A fun, educational activity book with STEAM (Science, Technology, English, Art & Maths) activities to engage all learning differences in children.
- Two Life's Little Bugs award-winning books to support education. Great to collect for reference if the habit practice wanes. (children love collecting)
- A reward chart to build the habit using repetition & acknowledgement for improved practice.
- A lesson plan for guidance and ideas if you want to use as a class or support of other teachings.
- A certificate of completion (great for show & tell!)
Why do I need funding?
I have been self-funded so far, and this money will be gratefully received to spend on research, design, development, print & marketing enabling me to bring Life's Little Bugs healthy habit activities into all environments.
Educating children this way will help them develop strong daily practises that will influence siblings and others around them too. Children are great imitators.
I believe I can offer children the support with this effective learning aid to grow into healthy, happy, well-rounded adults.