HELP GB ATHLETES RAISE £1M FOR GOOD CAUSES:
BACKGROUND: Legacy 300 was established in 2012, to generate funds for good causes (£432K so far) and GB Olympians (£102K so far). The Olympians host well received, unique, VIP experiences in Track Cycling, Rowing and White Water Rafting, see www.legacy300.com.
WE HAVE ONE PREVIOUS EXAMPLE OF CROWDFUNDING WORKING
Last November we ran a crowdfunding campaign based on the principle that by working with GB Olympians we could take charitable donations of £5-£10 and multiply these into larger amounts.
Whilst we attracted no media coverage, little financial input, we did however raise enough money to provide two White Water Rafting places up for auction. From amongst you Richard Fogerty was selected to choose the beneficiary - he choose Cystic Fibrosis in the memory of a sporting colleague who recently passed away from the illness.
So this March we learnt that two Rafting places that were crowdfunded (£240) generated £425 at auction for Cystic Fibrosis at the Sunflower Ball in Hinckley. So, whatever you original amount donated, £10-£25 you all helped to generate £425 for that good cause.
This again has proven that the principle is sound and the returns for charities are enhanced, yet, it is a message that does not seem to be making any inroads. Undeterred we will be back at this again in April 2018 and I hope that we can rely on your social media etc to help encourage people to see if we can generate a few more places for good causes to benefit from.
If you are a corporate please visit www.legacy300.com and click on the Good Causes Corporate page to see how this simple principle can enhance PR for you and the amounts YOU raise for your
Once again, many thanks from myself and the Athletes.
This is where we need your help.
- If you are planning to give to charity this month, please take on board how the GB Athletes can make your donation go a whole lot further.
- If you just think that this is a cool project to support then helping Legacy 300 will generate a great return for good causes.
Most good causes tend to have 'auction' events during the autumn of 2018.
DONATIONS, DONATIONS, DONATIONS: Both the problem and solution.
- If you give a good cause £150 they receive £150,
- If we collectively crowdfund a place on a GB Athlete experience day the good cause will multiply that £150 at auction (we have 353 separate examples of this.)
- We cannot guarantee the actual amount as every auction is different the good cause will receive 100% of the sum raised at auction.
- On average good causes have made £2.76 on every £1 spent on an experience day entry fee.
- Adding together each donation will mean your £5+ generating a far greater sum for good causes.
Donating free places to good causes will remove the daily log jam stopping this project reaching its £1m target.
HOW WE WILL RUN THIS:
- When making a donation please state on the pinned post on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/legacy300 which good cause you want the Experience Day presented to.
- In June 2018 we will have a final total raised and the places will be allocated accordingly,
- For every £150 received in donations for specific good causes we will donate a WWR or Rowing day place to that good cause to auction off in 2018.
- From all the other donations we will generate a draw every £150 received in donations .
- We will draw out a name from the donors who have got us to that figure and their good cause will be donated a place on a WWR or Rowing day.
- Buying a sport specific experience day place through this appeal, will generate a separate fund to fund equivalent days in that sport.
- Once a place is funded, we do a draw to target the donated place. (Surplus into the above general crowd fund).
- We will give you updates on Twitter @BritishAthletes and www.facebook.com/legacy300 as to how your donation has gone though we will also ask the good cause to inform you as well.
- Any partial amounts left over, will subsidise a place, again we will draw for the recipient.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- £5-£25 donations to help crowdfund places for good causes
- Buy an experience day at retail prices, to give as a gift and help crowdfund places for good causes.
- Spread the word to those you know are into these sports or are supporters of your chosen good cause.
- You can also donate multiple places directly to your chosen good causes for them to auction off in your name. Please contact Legacy 300 separately to arrange this
- From exclusive discounts on future purchases, video messages from the GB Athletes, social media shout outs and the chance to win an ultimate pass to 2018’s Experiences, we are hopefully showing that we appreciate this support.
Many thanks for your time
And the Olympic athletes who have helped raised £407K for good causes since 2012 in order of appearance;
Steve Rowbotham, Bill Lucas, Tom Solesbury, Rebecca Romero, Natasha Page, Zara Dampney, Shauna Mullin, Dani King, Alan Campbell, Tim Baillie, Andy Triggs Hodge, Alex Gregory, Steven Burke, Philip Hindes, Matt Langridge, Jess Eddie, Poly Swann, James Foad, Sam Townsend, Matt Gotrell and the dozens who are standing by to deliver future events.