Tadley & District Community Association estimates that it spends £5,000 per annum lighting these facilities, and by replacing the existing equipment with modern LED lamps they will slash this bill, saving approx £2,200 and £3,500 per annum.
In addition the Carbon Footprint of the centre will be reduced by 10 tonnes of CO2 per year.
Reducing the electricity bill for the centre will allow for;
- The Link to keep their hire charges for the facilities low - encouraging wider participation / use of the facilites by differnt community groups.
- Maintainance of the facilities to their current high standard.
- A reduction of their Carbon Footprint by 10 tonnes per annum
- Re-investment of any surplus back into the centre by creating new groups, more outings and increased youth activities.
- A reduction in future maintenance costs as the LED lamps have a much longer life expectancy.
In TDCA's 59 years we have successfully built a youth centre and community cinema for our local community.
All this was achieved through The Turbary Allotment Charity, Tadley Town Council, Greenham Common Trust and Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council.
Our Future Plans:
We would like to further reduce our costs and carbon footprint by installing Solar panels.
Over £10,000 is currently spent on lighting and heating annually. As the first phase of this project, the M&S Community Energy Fund will allow us to install LED lighting in The Link building. In the second phase we would then like to launch a further community share offer to rasie the required funds to complete the Solar installation at The Link.
Any additional monies raised during this campaign will allow us to install PIR's in the meeting rooms and toilets - further reducing the centres energy cost.