The St Columba's Leadership and Employability programme is aimed at people of all ages who are looking to get into work or looking to move to better roles or job opportunities.
The programme is designed to cover the entire job hunting cycle including the following:
- Client needs assessments to ascertain their skills, needs and how the programme can be
adapted to benefit them
- Pre-recorded online sessions and workshops to teach and take the clients through the entire job hunting process covering;
o CV development
o Typical and hidden job searches
o Interview preparations with expert mock o Effective commination
o Basic computing and IT training sessions
- If required one-to-one sessions covering the aforementioned aspects of the programme intended to build or boost clients self confidence
- Client document review services designed to help review clients’ CVs, covering letter and other application documents during their job hunting process
- 24-7 client assistance service over the phone designed to help guide clients as they go through the job hunting process and help them tackle difficult questions and challenges along the way.
During the previous programme (Southwick Employability Training) which ran from April to October 2019, we accomplished a lot including:
- 58hrs of class room training sessions and workshops covering the above-mentioned aspects of the programme for 44 clients
- 26hrs one-to-one interview mock sessions and guidance
- 20 CVs, covering letters and application document reviews
- over 10hrs of telephone advises and guidance given to clients during their job application process, interview process and on the job challenges.
Between April and October 2019, we had some success stories that has motivated us to do a lot more. Some of the success stories are detailed below.
- Two of our clients used knowledge and skills acquired during the process to acquire first time jobs (as Environmental Waste Operative and Business Analysts respectively)
- Two clients who benefited from the programme changed jobs, thereby moving to better paying and more rewarding roles (as Snr. Plant Engineer and ICT Lecturer respectively).
- Many of our clients are now finding the job markets easier and more accessible, due to their renewed confidence gained during the training
- Several fantastic feedbacks from clients regarding their improved confidence, knowledge and benefits from the programme.