I'm crowdfunding The Last Stand Fund
My name is Gundeep Anand and I am crowdfunding a £5,000 fund to support at least five projects projects in the Greater London region. I will use it to matchfund each one through Crowdfunder (up to £1,000 each). The projects will empower young people to create their own opportunities and make a positive contribution to the communities they live in.
My bigger vision is to create a much bigger pot of money to help hundreds more across the UK, and hopefully you can help me on that journey.
What you can do to help
1. Pledge money to The Last Stand Fund. Every penny will be put back into projects that change the lives of young people for the better.
2. We need stuff. If you have something that we can use to add as rewards on this page, get in touch.
3. Spread the word. Share the link to this page on social media and tell the world what we're doing. Together we can make a difference.
What is the Last Stand?
The Last Stand (TLS) is a street football tournament that unites communities and breaks down social barriers through sport. Since its inception TLS has become UK’s leading sports brand that actually makes a difference, reaching millions of people and getting endorsements from world class athletes.
At its heart a street football tournament, created to unite communities and break down social, cultural and religious barriers through sport. It was my answer to the divisive events of 2016 and to London’s increasing postcode wars. It has been developed without funding and with the help of a few select partners and I devote a lot of my time to motivate London’s youth and lobbying for their needs.
These kids are being educated to fail. I believe that if you want it, you can achieve anything and we are using sport to unite people and break down barriers that can often cause conflict or divisiveness amongst communities. We also want to show them that they can achieve and to help create opportunities for them to do so.
It’s creating genuine opportunities for these kids and we want to showcase their talent both on and off the screen. We want them to become stars within their own communities, because we believe in them and want to share their gifts with the world. It’s about creating real change for these kids and enabling them to become positive role models for change for the younger members within their communities.
What we've done so far:
- We were founded in November 2016
- We've hosted four major tournaments including one national event
- We're endorsed by world class athletes
- We've reached millions online with our films
- Feature at the National Football Museum in Manchester
- Listed in The Independent's Top 50 Movers in the country (2019)
- Over 2,000 people have attended live events
- Players have become models for global sports brand
- Volunteers have got jobs within industry
- Even MAYOR OF LONDON knows about us!!!
Who am I?
My name is Gundeep and I am the founder of the The Last Stand street football competition. I realised local communities and postcode gangs had more in common to bring them together than divide them. And through the power of football, music and a platform, I found a social purpose with new perspectives.
I work as a photographer, film director, coach and mentor and have a passion for community and socially led projects. Having been involved in a variety of roles from civil engineering to sports coaching, my life was changed when my passion for promoting social change for good collided with my filmmaking. I was able to make a film for Coca Cola’s StreetGames initiative which put me on the path to creating The Last Stand. I have directed commercial films for adidas, Reebok, Honda and EE to name a few.
Watch this short film that the BBC made about me.