Year by year crime is rising, hate, racism, violence, corruption etc. As a young person I feel there are more things dividing us than uniting us. Millions of young people up and down the country feel pessimistic, excluded and marginalised.
BUT there is HOPE.
Street football being a true connecter of communities and something that’s been bubbling away undetected for years whilst all this negative shit goes on in the world, Europe and even in FIFA. As king of street football tournaments in UK, I have decided to do something about it.
I have been running The Last Stand street football tournaments for the past three years in London and Midlands and its success has brought peace, unity and hope to the lives of many young people.
These young people have gone on to become models for Nike, Puma, Adidas etc. Some have started their business off the back of this including clothing brands, academies and some players have even gone onto collaborate with Nike.
But most importantly now they believe they can do it, they don't have to wait for anyone to change their future. It has put the power back in their hands to be writers of their own destiny.
Now with your help I want to bring this power of hope to the lives of many young people across country. I want to replicate the impact we have have had on London and Birmingham and bring it nationwide to a city near you.
What you can do to help
1. Pledge money to The Last Stand Tour. Funds will be put into building the team in order to visit cities such as Plymouth, Belfast and Glasgow in 2020 to bring their communities together.
2. I need stuff. If you have something that we can use to add as rewards on this page, get in touch.
3. Spread the word. Share the link to this page on social media and tell the world what we're doing. Together we can make a difference.
4. Get in touch if you want TLS to visit your community. The more money I raise the more places we'll be able to visit. DM us on this page.
As seen on:
What is the Last Stand?
Since its inception The Last Stand has become UK’s leading sports brand which actually makes a difference, reaching millions of people and getting endorsements from world class athletes.
At its heart a street football tournament, created to unite communities and break down social, cultural and religious barriers through sport. It was my answer to the divisive events of 2016 and to London’s increasing postcode wars.
It has been developed without funding and with the help of a few select partners and I devote a lot of my time to motivate London’s youth and lobbying for their needs.
Kids are being educated to fail. But I believe that if you want it, you can achieve anything and we are using sport to unite people and break down barriers that can often cause conflict or divisiveness amongst communities. I also want to show them that they can achieve and to help create opportunities for them to do so.
It’s creating genuine opportunities for these kids and we want to showcase their talent both on and off the screen. I want them to become stars within their own communities, because I believe in them and want to share their gifts with the world. It’s about creating real change for these kids and enabling them to become positive role models for change for the younger members within their communities.
What we've done so far
- TLS was founded in November 2016
- I've hosted four major tournaments including one national event
- It's endorsed by world class athletes
- It's reached millions online with our films
- Featured at the National Football Museum in Manchester
- I'm listed in The Independent's Top 50 Movers in the country (2019)
- Over 2,000 people have attended the live events
- Players have become models for global sports brand
- Volunteers have gone on to get jobs within the industry
- Even the MAYOR OF LONDON knows about it!!!
What they say about us
“The UK’s coolest street football tournament.” BBC
“Last Stand Has The Power To Change Lives.” HUFFINGTON POST
“London Street Football Tournament power kids to live dreams.” TIMES OF INDIA
Who am I?
I work as a photographer, film director, coach and mentor and have a passion for community and socially led projects. Having been involved in a variety of roles from civil engineering to sports coaching, my life was changed when my passion for promoting social change for good collided with my filmmaking.
Having founded The Last Stand, I discovered a social purpose with new perspectives through the power of football and music, realising local communities and postcode gangs had more in common than divides them.
The Last Stand inspires and save lives. Since its inception I've been on a mission to unite communities and break social barriers across London and Birmingham and NOW with your help, I want to take it nationwide.
LETS TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!