LARKIN EP PRODUCTION CAMPAIGN
What are we hoping to achieve?
Following on from the success of our debut album, which was released last year, we are looking to record a brand new EP consisting of new, original tracks written by ourselves, and recorded at the Badger Set in Potterne. The last album was funded partly through crowdfunding, and we are looking to do the same again with this EP.
The money raised will help us cover recording and mastering costs, as well as the production of CDs and the upload fees onto digital sites like iTunes and Spotify. Any donation would really go a long way, and will help us progress further as a band. Our aim is to release this EP just before the end of the year, and need as much funding as possible to do so.
Who are we?
Larkin is a Wiltshire based band that specialise in an array of genres, with an eclectic selection of original songs and covers. Formed in February 2017, the band consists of Sam Bishop on vocals and keys, with Finley Trusler on guitar and cajon. Their unique set up, developed sound and diverse songbook means Larkin are adapted to any size venue, and aim to please any crowd.
Described as 'lyrically powerful', 'toe-tapping' and 'totally catchy', their original songs consistently produce a positive response from critics, fans and music lovers.
Inspired by the harmonic and rich sounds of Bastille and You Me At Six, and the timelessness of Bryan Adams and Maroon 5, the duo have been described as unique and effortless in providing a fantastic and rich sound from just the two of them.
Since formation, they have performed in a variety of different venues, all over the country. They have sold out their album release gig, performed multiple live lounges on the BBC, were apart of an acoustic showcase at the Fleece in Bristol, and have played on stage at the O2 Academy in Bournemouth.
When not performing, the lads like going to watch other live music acts, spend time writing new material and rehearsing new covers, and are in the studio recording new original tunes.
Larkin's debut album was released on the 30th December 2017, containing the singles 'Final Hour' and 'Solace in the Dark', two critically aclaimed songs, which really helped to make Larkin's sound recogniseable.
What do you get?
Much like our last crowdfunding campaign, there are awards for donations. To see the full list of goodies available, check out the rewards section.
Why should you donate?
We are a young duo from a small town that is aiming to make a big impact. We have such a strong passion for song-writing and performing, and the pride we got from the release of our debut album has made us hungry to release more original music. We have worked hard on these new songs, and want to make them the best quality possible. We need your help, and it will be fantastic to have you be apart of our story.
What have people said about us?
- Tracey Hanman - Larkin were great playing at The Moonrakers last night. Had a fab evening and the music was brilliant- thank you, look forward to seeing you again soon x
- Steve Carter - Excellent set and got the crowd dancing to some classics and their own hits. Worth booking!
- Kelly-Anne Barker - These guys are great. Watched them at private function at weekend and they #nailedit
- Cameron Strawson - Fantastic band. Seen them a couple of times now and thoroughly enjoy their gigs. Always have a great laugh and good sing along.
- Victoria Weems - Heard them playing New Year’s Eve and they were amazing!!! <3
- James Sawyer - They are very talented and only get better and better at what they do. They played a collection of tunes old and new and even some of their own compositions, a great nights entertainment for all ages. Definitely a gig to pop in the diary if you see them playing.
- Lydia Cross - Watched them a few weeks ago, amazing and great song choices!
- Gill Tayler - Such professional and amazing boys , thanks for a perfect night x