Help us...to help our school...to help our pupils...to a greener, more sustainable future
Friends of Landscove School (FOLS) has a great track record of providing financial assistance to our wonderful school for the benefit of pupils. We fund-raise through local events and grant applications and use the funds to support a wide range of projects such as school trips, a new school minibus and outdoor wooden play equipment.
FOLS is made up of parents of current pupils: we all live locally in the community.
This year the FOLS committee wants to continue funding small projects but we also want to raise money for a larger project with your help. This exciting project is to...
Install solar photovoltaic panels on the school roof, a really bright idea!
Solar photovoltaic panels will provide an excellent long-term return on your generous donation through:
- Generate renewable energy at the school for the first time;
- Reduce the school's carbon emissions by at least4.21 tonnes per year;
- Protect the school from rising energy costs in the future;
- Generate the school at least £1,000 per year in electricity buy-back profits, right from completion of installation;
- Allow the school to reinvest those profits straight back into education and welfare for all our children, and help our teachers;
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to tackling Climate Change and its impact on our children's future;
- Facilitating school green concepts and renewable energy workshops for pupils to raise awareness and their engagement with the project;
- Fulfil the school Eco-Committee's objectives;
- Help the school win an Eco-Schools coveted Green Flag Award by demonstrating clear impact & savings from solar electricity generation! [Landscove School has already achieved Silver Award status: for more information please go to https://www.eco-schools.org.uk/about/howitworks/the-awards/ ]
FOLS is committed to this project
Even better, Friends of Landscove School (FOLS) are putting money where their mouth is by pledging £1,000 from our limited existing funds to get this campaign off to a superb start.
Any donation you can give will help us
Local Authority and Diocese planning permission is required for this project: this is currently being actively sought by the school's Link Academy Trust with support from SunGift Energy.