Your support would ensure the continuation of our current film nights, a community service which is run entirely by volunteers. The appeal Target of £6,500 will enable us to purchase and install:
- A full-size cinema screen permanently mounted over the stage, cost £1,500
- A new stereo system sound system suitable for cinema films, cost £3,500
- A projector and DVD player, cost £1,500
Costs are approximate and would provide the minimum basic system; should there be any money in excess of the Target this would allow an upgrade of the specification.
The Benefits to the Community will be:
- Ensuring the continuation of our 10 monthly film shows currently supported by Moviola, a charity who provide a mobile cinema. They provide the projectionist and all the required equipment which places a limitation on flexibility on time and days they can provide their service. The company is having difficulty in finding enough projectionist to support their network, this and increasing hire charges could result to the cessation of films in Kilmington.
- By having our own equipment, the operating cost will be reduced and also it will allow us to offer a far greater selection of films from different sources that appeals to a wider more diverse audience. There is demand also for: film clubs for children (with adult) during school holidays; matinees for those who do not like going out on dark winter nights; increased frequency of films; and hiring out for other organisations e.g. PTA end of Term film shows.
- An ecological benefit by saving transport milage to the nearest commercial cinema in excess of a 20-mile round trip.
- The village will benefit from the film shows which offer an enjoyable social and cultural event, and in addition the village hall will benefit financially from both the room hire fees and any profits from ticket sales and sale of refreshments. This will help to maintain the required income level for the proper maintenance of the village hall without having to significantly increase the hire charges.
Our Experience - Who we are
A team of six volunteers, we select the films, and with additional help run the film evenings. This would have been our 15th year if COVID-19 had not stopped us in March. The film shows have proved extremely popular and over the last 8 years we have had an average audience of 60, our block busters can see 120. The audience is not limited to the just Kilmington residents but also visitors from the surrounding villages and towns.
Kilmington Village Hall
Kilmington is a village near Axminster in East Devon off the A35. The Parish occupies an area of approximately 1,760 acres upon which there are currently about 400 properties occupied by 800 parishioners. The Village Hall is conveniently situated just off the A35 at Kilmington Cross with an on-site car park. It was opened in 1985 replacing the 60-year-old wooden Church Rooms building. The Hall is well used by many village and other local community organisations, as well as for private hire.
Organisation who use the Hall
The slideshow provides just a glimpse of the various organisations that use the Hall:
- The Kilmington Players put on reviews as well as the Pantomimes.
- The thriving Gardening Club have well-known gardening expert speakers with a question and answer session.
- Table Tennis runs twice a week., Country Dancing, Short Mat Bowles, Badminton.
- The Royal British Legion hold several Poppy Appeal fund-raising events each year
- Big Breakfast for Cancer Research is very well supported.
- Lent and Autumn Lunches supporting different charities each year.
- There is regular use by the local Primary School.
The hall is very much the social hub for the village and surrounding area and the range of activities on offer are an essential part of our community life.
Kilmington Village Hall is a registered charity No. 291939. You can find more information about the Village and Hall at https://www.kilmingtonvillage.com/
REWARDS PLEASE NOTE ONLY TICK GIFT AID IF YOU ARE HAPPY NOT TO BE ENTERED INTO REWARD DRAW.
Local businesses have kindly offered rewards so that we can show our appreciation of your kind support. A Raffle Draw will be made at the end of the Appeal, the number of tokens (raffle tickets) are 1 for every £10 donation up £50.
The awards are:
- Two Complimentary entrance tickets to Burrow Farm Gardens East Devon’s secret garden is situated in the idyllic countryside between Axminster & Honiton.
- Two Complimentary entrance tickets to Axe Vale Wildlife Park. East Devon’s Hidden-gem.
- Complimentary Meal for two at the New Inn Kilmington The New Inn is a thatched 14th century Devon longhouse.
- Complimentary Meal for two at the Old Inn Kilmington The Old Inn a classic thatched Devon Pub.
- Two Complimentary non-transferable tickets for 12 months entry to Kilmington Film Nights.