To create a fully functional authentic Japanese in design dojo, buildings and gardens, these are then to be used to encourage training in traditional martial arts, archery, sword, horsemanship, traditional forge techniques, yoga classes and gardens to meditate and enjoy as well as a traditional tea house.
Phase 1 - Current Finance Requirement £100,000 - Year 1
- Purchase appropriate land (7 acres).
- The land will be physically examined and tested to identify the soil type, composition, Perc and PH level testing.
- Designs will be created for the garden and buildings, utlising the layout of land available.
- Planning permission will be sought for the design and access.
- Once planning has been approved additional funding will be sought for next Phase 2 .
Phase 2 - Future Funding Required - Year 2
- Raise finance to create gardens - £100,000 estimated cost.
- Implement gardens, sourcing the material, plants etc.
- Developing pathways/walkways, waterways.
- Open Gardens
Phase 3 - Building and Further Funding - Year 3
- Raise finance to construct buildings - Starting with main hall/dojo - £250,000 estimated cost.
- Construct main dojo and open for training.
Why is it important.....
The site shall be of interest to gardeners, people wishing to train in martial arts and who want to learn about meditation, horsemanship, sword and archery training as well as learning about forge techniques, all learning around a traditional Japanese framework. This will allow people and groups to experience a taste of Japan without having to raise the finances to go to Japan, this will also create local jobs and has been my dream for many years.
Who am I.....
I have had a keen interest in most things Japanese, the culture and technology has captivated me all my life.I have trained in a traditional Japanese martial art for the last seven years.
My previous project experiences are ranging from a couple of thousand to multi-million pounds, I aim to use my expertise to ensure this project is a success.
I currently have access to ponies after much negotiation to allow our horseback training, thank you to Valentine Ponies for this offer.
I have the permission of the Shinobi Kai to offer training in a traditional Japanese martial art once the main hall/dojo has been completed, there has also been an interest expressed in using the dojo for other martial art training, which I hope to encourage other martial art forms, to hold seminars, classes and regular events.
I have a facebook group of four thousand individuals + all of which have a keen interest in Japanese gardens and buildings who I will draw on for their input and advice. The whole project will be organic and grow as ideas, individuals and groups become involved.