Hutchinson Memorial 1st school PTFA needs to raise a further funding to complete the iPad appeal and purchase additional iPads and supporting equipment for the classroom.
Sadly due to COVID all of our fundraising events for 2020 have been cancelled, leaving a huge gap in funding for this academic year. Since lockdown the iPads have been an integral part of children’s learning and also communication with parents/ guardians at home.
The PTFA and school have previously raised funds to purchase iPads for class learning but unfortunately some of the equipment is now out of date and no longer fit for purpose.
Also, it has become increasingly obvious during the pandemic that these newly found digital skills allow staff and children to engage successfully with remote learning and ensure pupils are still receiving a quality curriculum even if not on site.
Testimonial from Mrs Snee:
Increasing children’s access to technology is a long term strategy the school is committed to. Our ultimate aim is that each child will have access to an individual laptop/ipad which brings a wide variety of benefits to learning across the whole curriculum. The benefits of Ipads include:
• They can be used to support children with SEND by providing access to personalised apps specific to individual needs
- They can be used to create work and present it in interesting ways using apps such as Clips/Animate/Keynote
- They help children learn their times tables using the TT Rockstars app
- They help children learn phonics using a range of apps such as Phonics Play
- They are used to upload and create work using our online learning platform Seesaw
- They allow children to take pictures/record videos of their work.
There are rewards for you too!
2 great Prizes to be won:
1st Prize - 3 night stay in Lake View cottage, Shropshire
2nd Prize - Luxury Hamper, including fizz & chocolates
(stock photo - actual prize may vary)
For every £10 you donate you will be entered into a prize draw
So for example if you donate £30 you will get three entries into the draw, if you donate £50 you will get five entries into the draw.
We will draw the winners on Monday 1st February.
Donations after the draw takes place will not be eligible for a prize draw.
(Please scroll down to the bottom of this page for full Terms and Conditions)
Terms and Conditions of the Prize Draw
• Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
• Open to anyone (over the age of 18) in the UK.
• Entries will be accepted up to 10am 31/01/2021.
• Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like.
• One entry in to the draw for every whole £10 pledged/donated.
• A funder who wins 1st prize will not be eligible for any subsequent draws
• Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
• To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address and contact telephone number to PTFA, c/o Hutchinson Memorial CE First School (Uttoxeter Learning Trust),Uttoxeter Road, Checkley, Stoke on Trent ST10 4NB.
• The winners will be chosen at random and contacted after the draw on Monday 1st Februaury. They will be contacted by email or telephone and we will endeavour to deliver the hamper (assuming you are local ) or arrange collection of the hamper from the school. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week