Here is a lot to consider before and after installing a renewables system, but having one at home will help reduce your energy bills and household carbon footprint.
We recommend you use an installer who is certified under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and uses MCS-certified products.
All installers or suppliers should be able to provide a detailed breakdown of the specification and costs of their proposed system. They should also be able to:
- Explain how they have calculated the size of the system to be appropriate for your needs.
- Supply clear information and operating instructions.
- Explain how you should maintain your system.
- Provide an estimate of how much heat and electricity will be generated by any proposed system, and illustrate what this means in terms of your current energy needs.
- Provide an estimate of the savings you could make after installation.