The idea behind this project is to help raises money for business owners and self employed people to help cover wages when staff are made redundant temporarily, the funds will also be used to help keep self employed families that have no business premises with an income.
The funds will be made available to employers or direct to self employed people, with proof of business.
The scheme works as below
- local people donate to the fund pot
- a business or self employed person calls us and explains their situation
- we will give up to £1000 from the donations per employee or self employed person donations also go to business owners struggling to survive.
- a committee will authorise payment via bank transfer, self employed people need to provide proof of 3 months trading prior to Covid-19
- we ask for nothing back
- what ever is left over is redistributed in to community projects and no profit is taken for self gain
The level of monetary help depends on the level of support given.
All we are asking is if residents of ilkley can fund between £1 and £10 this will generate enough funds to help stave of the effects of a rapid recession.