It's been a year since the general election of 2017, and a lot has happened since then. The election, as well as the 2016 EU referendum, has inspired and engaged a new generation of political activists.
We have seen this energy reflected at the Hull University Labour Club for 2017/18. We want to see it carry on next year and for the next few years.
We've achieved a lot this year:
- Our largest membership in years
- Our largest ever social (over 100 people)
- Fun, weekly events
- Re-established a strong relationship with Labour Students
- Introduced caucuses so liberation officers are elected by liberation caucuses (not all members)
- Took a tough line on tackling anti-semitism and stood with Jewish brothers and sisters
- Had excellent debates and participation at All Member Meetings
- Guests speakers representing all parts of our movement including: Gethin Roberts (from ‘Lesbians and Gays Support the Miners), The Jewish Labour Movement and Union of Jewish Students, Diana Johnson, Emma Hardy, Joshua James and Joe Riches
- Standing with UCU lecturers
- Rebranded our logo and social media
- And much much more
Our executive are proud of these achievements - our record shows what a strong and active Labour Club can look like. We have full faith our next executive will build on these successes.
Any funds raised will help out the Hull University Labour Club a lot. Not only will it benefit the club next year, but for many years to come.