Residents have enthusiastically supported the idea of creating a Sensory Garden in Holmer Green. The site of the abandoned Skatepark on Earl Howe Road is available and would make a perfect area for the development of Holmer Green Gardens with sensory and wildlife areas. This would be an inclusive facility for all the community including those with special or other needs. The size of the area allows various themes and as a result we have initially named the project Holmer Green Gardens and have the objective that they become Inclusive, Accessible and Beautiful.
Development will be ongoing and the park should continue to provide pleasure to all residents and attract volunteers. In fact the whole initiative should be seen as a community activity promoting inclusion with all parts of the village both in the planning as well as its construction and management. HGVS consider this project will be a major part of its activities for the village and are ready to undertake the responsibility over the long term.
Potential target Users
- Those with Asperger’s and on the autism spectrum
- Those with Social and Communications Difficulties
- Children with special needs
- Adults with all levels of learning difficulty
- Dementia suffers
- The blind or partially sighted
- People who are deaf or have severe hearing problems
- Those with physical disability and specifically wheelchair users
- People suffering from depression
- Anyone with a diagnosis of PTSD
- Those seeking mindfulness and quiet
And in general, families, individuals and anyone wishing to encounter and enjoy nature.