Helping Angels Charitable Association (HACA) is in England within the city of Stoke on Trent. HACA has been set up to try and support vulnerable adults and children to access activities that will promote their independence. HACA along with the support of PA’s from Helping Angels will support vulnerable adults and children with activities that will further their social, emotional and physical wellbeing. The charity will benefit people within Staffordshire supporting them to:
• Provide educational life skills classes and ASDAN programs
• Support financially to access activities that will support with their emotional, physical and social wellbeing
• Support with clients accessing independent holidays and days out with their friends
Helping angels has been working with adults and children who are vulnerable with learning and physical disabilities since 2013. In this time, we have noticed that although clients are given hours to be supported in the community what they can access in the community is very limited because of the nature of their disabilities. We would like for the clients we work with and adults and children with disabilities to be able to do the exact same things as everyone else. Examples of this would be:
· Budget for themselves to protect themselves against financial abuse and give them independence
· Access volunteering and be supported to get into work
· Support the older people/ vulnerable people with to work technology so they can manage their bills online and access social media when needed
· Run cook and eat classes so that members of the charity group can practice buying their own food and cooking health meals for themselves
· Run dance classes and exercise groups such was walking groups and swimming classes
· Go out with their friends’ weather this be to the beach or a zoo
· Go on holiday with their friends
These are just several of the groups/ sessions we want to start running at our lodge. This would have a huge impact for our members and their families. Everybody deserves the chance at independence and by voting for us you’re not only supporting the most vulnerable people in Stoke on Trent but also their families and their futures.
We work with social services and other multi agency groups such as special schools, collages, providers and would open up the courses to them as well.
This project is not only run for vulnerable adults and children its run by them. We empower them to empower others. We have a very supportive and qualified team that is ready to get started as soon as we have funding in place. This project will be innovative in the sense that it will be the first one of its kind. We will work with people from 0-99 and bring them together as a community.