WE ARE ENCOMPASS - THE DANIEL BRADEN RECONCILIATION TRUST. We have 13 years' experience of working with young people caught up in protracted local and global conflicts. But it could end. Our international expertise feeds into our growing portfolio of UK work, bringing young people together across perceived divides to find common ground in their shared humanity. But we are struggling financially due to the ending of a few very significant grants, and we desperately need YOUR support to continue the vital work that we do.
"We forgot what we were 'supposed' to be. We were just people." Almaas, programme participant
We run UK and international programmes that challenge hatred. We have brought together thousands of young people who have had their eyes opened to others of different communities, religions and cultures. And then they have gone on to become the peacebuilders of the future by getting involved in their own community cohesion projects.
We promote dialogue and understanding so that young people understand one another and see the need to leverage change in and between their communities.
We build bridges to prevent segregation between communities, transform conflict and promote shared futures.
We create networks of young people fighting for change and give them the skills and support they need to become the peacebuilders of the future.
Please, please help us continue the vital work that we do. We don't want it to stop.
Key recent achievements in the UK:
- We delivered our flagship UK programme 'Same Difference' to young people in Bristol, Manchester, Slough, South Yorkshire and over half of the London boroughs
- We reached over 1620 young people belonging to all major faiths and those of no faith, including refugees and asylum seekers, those from closed communities and young offenders
- Our Youth Board implemented seven social action projects and hosted three interfaith panels engaging 12 faith leaders
- We piloted a new project called 'The Bridge' in three schools to be rolled out to more schools in 2016 (finances allowing!)
Key recent achievements globally:
- Encompass Indonesia established 'The House of Understanding' in Malang, East Java - a local centre promoting inter-cultural understanding
- Encompass Indonesia worked across 75 schools in Java District promoting interfaith understanding and cooperation between Christian, Hindu and Muslim students
- Encompass Israel and Palestine Alumni continue, despite huge obstacles, to meet, plan and facilitate projects and learn one another's languages demonstrating their commitment to peace
GREAT NEWS! If you donate to support our work, before the end of May 2016, a few of our donors have kindly agreed to double your donation by matched giving! Please, please help us to promote peace.