We are two mums running a small business - The Kids' Table - from SW London and East London. We left our fast paced, corporate careers to start up a business that would help us find a balance between parenting and work life. We were passionate about our idea to launch a completely unique service to families that would give tired parents, like ourselves, the chance to have some proper downtime at the weekend...and finish a sentence while socialising with the kids in tow.
The Kids' Table service offers supervised pop-up craft tables to the hospitality and retail industries - our teams entertain the kids with arts and crafts so parents can relax while the little 'uns are occupied and sat in their seat.
How Covid impacted us
In March 2020 our pop-up kids' corners were launching at pubs and restaurants on an almost weekly basis, big brands were approaching us and it was set to be the year that we would franchise the business to take the family lunching revolution across the UK. And then, overnight, the rug was pulled from under us as Covid hit and the whole of the hospitality industry had to close its doors. We have been unable to operate for over a year.
Where do we go from here?
Since then we've been looking for our rainbow moment to come back stronger and return to doing what we love to do - give parents some much needed 'me time' with our crafty fun for kids.
We've devised a Covid-safe plan to re-open the business, but we don't have the cashflow, after a year of being out of business, to make it go big. And that's where you can help.
Our Crafty Bags of Fun are the virtual partner to our usual supervised craft tables - offering parents some respite from entertainment duties while a virtual playworker leads kids through a creative treasure trove of fun stuff to make, wear and play with.
How you can help
Our dream is to see hospitality opening their doors again, families getting together over a Sunday roast and the kids enjoying their Crafty Bags of Fun without any effort from their parents as they enjoy a long leisurely lunch and recover from the challenges, and home-schooling (!) of the last year.
We would love to see our supervised service resume too, this summer if possible, but with all the Covid safe measures we need to implement it will be a costly re-launch.
The money raised will help us with crucial cashflow to get these services up and running so we can get back to offering parents of London some downtime while we entertain the kids.
Terms and Conditions of prize draw ticket reward:
- We do hope you're willing to pledge for this reward but as per gambling laws, we also have to offer a free way to enter the prize draw which is via post. Postal entries can be sent to The Kids' Table, 88 Norman Rd, London SW19 1BT
- Entry is limited to residents of Great Britain only
- Entitles the winner to a meal at one of our participating venues in London up to the value of, and not exceeding £100 and for a maximum of 2 adults and up to 4 children
- Reward to be redeemed no later than 30/06/22
- The winner will be selected at random
- The prize draw begins on 31/03/21 and ends on 21/04/21. Any entries received after this date will not be counted