I have a cottage in West Looe on West Looe Hill, it is a beautiful area of 17th-19th century cottages set along a narrow winding hill. It has a mix of residential and holiday homes. It is a protected area and borders an area of outstanding natural beauty.
Unfortunately for me and a lot of others, parking is either non existent or at a premium. There is a car park at the top of the hill that provides 24 parking spaces with a waiting list of 6 years. There is also a large green workshop on site and a large tract of woodland behind.
Development plans are in place for investors to build 5 modern homes and remove most of the woodland and all of the car park for residents.
My plan is the following:
1. Create a trust in perpetuity to secure the land and keep its existing use
2. Develop the workshop, zone it as a community hall or commercial enterprise
3. Save the woodland from destruction and have a clause in the trust that it will never be developed on.
4. Use the rental income generated from renting the units less land tax to fund local community projects, currently income is gross: GBP10,800
5. Look for ways to squeeze more parking spaces out of the current area without disturbing the woodland, to allow more people and businesses to use.
I hope you can help me achieve this goal