● In 2016 I changed career from startup entrepreneur to politician
● These things have a lot more in common than I thought
● In 2017 I fought the County Council seat of Melton Constable, going from Fourth to First in JUST six months
● The next step is to become an MP
● I have put together a winning team who between us have led and won numerous general elections (including Sir Norman Lamb's in 2017), county council and district council campaigns, most recently in North Norfolk where we more than doubled our number of seats to win 30 out of 40
● If not now, when?
This is, on the one hand, completely insane as the incumbent MP where I'm standing has a majority of over 16,000. On the other hand, he voted against gay marriage, equality and human rights, and assisted dying, and is now a Johnson prop! In fact, I only need to take us from third to first to win, and the polls suggest his majority has already taken a pounding.
• I believe the British electorate is fed up of politics, and politicians
• A great many people feel unheard, and believe that politicians are in it for themselves
• With some notable exceptions from all parties, government policy has failed to address inequality in Britain
• Meanwhile we are sleepwalking into man-made climate catastrophe that could make the problem much worse for poorer people all over the world
• Actions, not words, are what’s needed to help people lead the lives they want to live
The core pillars of my campaign will be tackling the rural divide, bringing people back into the conversation about politics, and acting urgently on global warming. I plan to do this through a mixture of public conversation events, well-crafted campaign communications and significant investment in digital media.
But to do this, I need financial help. It costs £15,000 to fight an early election campaign, and there's plenty I could be doing now to get started which is why I'm looking to raise £20,000 in the next four weeks.
I'm putting this page live so people who've said they will support me can start to help fund my campaign. There will be more to come as the story develops, and this fundraise will be live for a month.
The truth no-one's talking about is that we need better politicians. Please, help me try to tackle this problem head on.
Published and promoted by Steffan Aquarone on behalf of Breckland Liberal Democrats.
We will need to check that you are eligible to donate before being able to accept your donation. Anonymous donations cannot be accepted. We will use the details you provide in order to do this, and details of donations over a certain amount may be published in line with UK electoral law.