Who we are
Healthful Pantry is an online shop based in Birmingham, United Kingdom which creates homemade healthy baked goods, dairy alternatives and condiments, using organic and allergen-friendly ingredients only.
How it all began
The shop was opened in late December 2019, but gained recognition in March 2020. Before then, I was creating diverse vegan and gluten-free foods and dishes, but then after Christmas 2019, getting close to the New Year, I eventually decided to open the shop via Etsy.
What we do
Having understood that people have different dietary needs, all our products are free from gluten and lactose. We provide both yeasted and yeast-free bread, as well as homemade yoghurts, dairy-free milk and homemade tofu. Furthermore, we believe that nobody should be isolated nor left out simply because of their dietary needs.
Here is our website: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/HealthfulPantry
How the money will be used
With current high customer demands from the UK and other parts of the world, the money raised will enable us to buy all the ingredients and types of equipment needed to meet up with the orders placed already (and many more to come). Here is a glimpse of what we will be spending the money on:
- Electric Flour Mill (from Komo): £213.12
- Power Airfryer: £90 (this is particularly for yeast-free baking)
- Gluten-free Flours: £200
- Gluten-free Yeast: £200 (yearly)
- Gluten-free binders and ingredients (psyllium husks, ground flaxseeds, apple cider vinegar, etc): £1,200
- Baking equipment: £1,600
- Hamper baskets: £500
- Food Vaccum sealer and sealer bags: £500
- A bigger place for baking and making pantry foods: £1000
- Same-day delivery shipping to UK and International: £2000
Because we are also planning to have a physical shop at some point in the future, we'll stretch the fundraising mark to £10k. Plus, payments will also be made to the crowdfunding fee. For a range of current stockist of the shop, please visit our website.