Harrow Parks is an independent voluntary community organisation whose Members look after and advocate for their local parks. In the past 12 months we have collectively run over 150 public events across the borough.
We hope to increase the value of any donation you make by attracting match-funding from Trust for London and Harrow Council.
This Crowdfunder will allow us:
- to help local communities set-up Park's Friends groups in disadvantaged areas of Harrow. In 2020 we are aiming to establish groups for Roxeth Recreation Ground in South Harrow, Newton Park West in Rayners Lane and Stanmore Recreation Ground.
- to invest in a new community website that works in conjunction with our very successful Facebook page, featuring the latest news, volunteer opportunities, events and activities but also with a wider remit to become a useful resource for the whole community.
- to support Harrow Nature Heroes, a great activity and reward scheme for young people that operates across our beautiful parks and stunning nature reserves, with the aim of creating the next generation of nature enthusiasts!
- to begin a community focused rewilding scheme as part of our commitment to improve biodiversity
- to cover administration costs, such as secretarial support and printing, that are vital for the smooth running and expansion of our operations.
Our ultimate vision is for all of Harrow’s Parks and Open Spaces to be beautiful, well-maintained and litter-free, accessible, safe and welcoming, to have appropriate facilities and equipment, and to be loved, used and supported by the local community for the benefit of all.
We will achieve this by working with our Members in cooperation with Harrow Council, the GLA, the UK Government and other local, regional and national authorities and organisations for the protection and prosperity of our parks.
This is an exciting time for our parks -
Thank you for being a part of this journey!
Chair, Harrow Parks Forum