We are Alex and Tyrone and we are running for parliament in Hackney as your Green Party candidates.
Dr Alex Armitage (Hackney North & Stoke Newington): “I live and raised my family on the Rhodes Estate in Dalston. I daily see the needs of our community in my job as a children’s A&E doctor, from housing to healthcare to childcare. I want a future for my family and our community. We’re facing a climate emergency: change is coming, whether we like it or not. I’ll work for a Green New Deal –massive investment in housing, transport and clean energy.”
Tyrone Scott (Hackney South & Shoreditch): "I am a local housing advisor based in Hackney. Every day I see people being moved far away from their communities, rents out of control and many families living in cramped, unsafe conditions. I am passionate about tackling these social and environmental issues facing the people of Hackney and the rest of the country.”
Hackney Greens are the largest Green Party in London with more than 600 members - we can really set the agenda at the General Election in December!
With your support we will be sending a leaflet to every single voter and campaigning hard to get Green Party policy at the forefront of voters minds - help us get our message out!
Hackney Green Party is campaigning for affordable homes, fair wages and clean air for Hackney. We are the only political party in the borough that consistently campaigns against government cuts and policies that target the poor and most vulnerable.
Help us spread the word about:
- A Fair Economy: that works for everyone and a true living wage for all
- Our NHS: A properly funded, public NHS free from private profiteering and with investment in mental health services
- Energy and Climate: A rapid transition to a low carbon economy creating new jobs and growth for a sustainable future
- Education: Scrap university tuition fees and bring academies and free schools back into local authority control
- Housing: Secure, affordable, energy efficient homes for everyone, new protections for renters.
- Transport: Bring the railways back into public ownership and introduce an immediate 10% reduction in fares.
- The EU: We will seek a People's Vote and give the country a chance to reverse this disastrous Brexit.
You can read more about the Green Party's national political programme here