Griddle & Shake is an exciting new fast casual restaurant; we do sensational burgers, delicious wings, incredible craft beer & phenomenal shakes better & quicker, with proper service in a beautiful restaurant with a life-size bright orange cow!
We at Griddle & Shake have strived to create a unique environment where local people can enjoy an independent restaurant space, hang out and be proud of what we do.
Home-made pulled pork with fresh jalepenos & sweet potato fries
Enjoy your burger with craft beer from Freedom brewery
What G&S is all about?
G&S has changed the way guests feel about fast casual food. Traditionally, service is poor, restaurants are plastic & uninviting and where you can get better burgers, you pay a huge premium and feel that they are in it just for money.
Our Gluten Free bun with Red Tractor beef burger
We have changed all that - COMPLETELY!
Griddle & Shake puts the guest (yes guest, not customer, you are our guests) first and does business in an ethical and honest way.
Yes, we do amazing burgers and our wings are the best around and you can have craft beer and sit in a cowshed but, Griddle & Shake has incredibly strong values, which we actually live by:
Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Honesty, Empowerment, Social Responsibility & FUN
See our website for all the detail and info you could want: www.griddleandshake.co.uk
A brief interlude & some pics of deliciousness!
Let me just concentrate on FUN for a moment. There is not enough laughter in the world but at G&S this is a way of life for us so spare a moment to enjoy our ridiculous Mannequin Challenge video:
Who had this crazy idea then, and who's involved?
Griddle & Shake was the brainchild of Ed Halls - I love burgers!
"I live near Southwell, about 10 miles form Nottingham and am mad about food, beer and amazing service.
I started in finance & sales but gave it all up to be a chef at the age of 28. Doing something I had a passion for was more important to me than a big salary and so I took a huge pay cut and begged to work for free in a local restaurant. I loved it and soon progressed to Michelin Starred restaurants for many years including for Marcus Wareing and spent time as a private chef for the Head of the British Army.
My passion for food was matched by my passion for doing things differently and wanting people to experience better. The only way I could do this was by doing it myself and starting my own business. It was hard and in the middle of the big recession, but I loved it and kept going. I learnt so much; in particular that with an amazing team, belief and having strong values you could achieve anything.
Griddle & Shake is the culmination of these beliefs, this passion and luckily finding some amazing people who share this vision. Every day I want to live up to our values and make a difference, I love honesty and so always ask for feedback on G&S; your thoughts are always welcome.
Please meet some of my amazing restaurant team who are always on hand to make your experience the most incredible.
Raf - General Manager
Luisa - Assistant Manager
Ruben - Assistant Manager
What do we care about?
At G&S we set out to build a business about people and for people. We put our guests and our team first, we care about our community and our environment, we try to give back where we can and enrich the lives of those around us.
We care about being inclusive in every aspect of our business, which is why we have made some choice about how we operate:
* We have developed a menu with incredible vegetarian, vegan, gluten free & dairy free options; where we could not get the best supplies we make them in-house to ensure quality
Our specially made Tempeh burger: completely vegan & absolutely delicious
* We have a dedicated parent and baby room for feeding and changing if you prefer some privacy - it isn't just in the toilet!
* Our restaurant has been designed with accessibility as a priority; there is lots of space, great facilities and a passion to make everyone's visit amazing.
Here's a few examples of why & how G&S is different as a business:
* We only use Vegware, fully compostable packaging. No plastic going to landfill, no plastic lined coffee cups, it is food waste. It helps us sleep better at night and be proud of what we do. Ask youself, how many places where you drink coffee make that choice to spend a few extra pennies to do good? http://www.vegware.com/
A delicious chocolate & Oreo milkshake but this is NOT a plastic cup, this is made from plants
* We are working with a local charity to deliver food to homeless people at their shelter. Guests can contribute by buying a £5 meal (normally £9.50) and we will deliver a meal to the shelter and absorb the cost.
* All our meat is Red Tractor approved: This means we pay extra but it is how we want to work and helps us look our guests in the eye and be proud of what we do. Check out what Red Tractor means to you by using the link below:
* Where we can, we shop locally: our fruit & veg is from Nottingham, the company that made our furniture is only 10 miles away, we use a shop in Nottingham for our supplies, we use a local cleaning company who employ local people.
* We are independent, not part of a big chain. We listen and learn and try to do it better every day. We endeavour to be the best version of ourselves we can be.
* We have improved the whole guest experience at Griddle & Shake: better food, in a beautiful environment, at better value, with great service from a team that cares and is responsible and makes a difference
We love this quote from Emma Wiggs, Paralympian & Great Britain Paracanoe World Champion after her recent visit to Griddle & Shake!
"Griddle & Shake is reinventing the burger! Their passion for quality produce and care throughout the whole process from raw ingredients to the food on your plate to the environmentally friendly waste really stands them apart.
Wow! Griddle & Shake knows how to do a fabulous burger! Quality ingredients prepared and cooked brilliantly to produce a product that blew me away! Certainly not like any greasy burger you usually get on the high street.
If it's quality meat brilliantly cooked in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere you’re after then head to Griddle & Shake. As an athlete, I wouldn't normally chose a burger joint for lunch but Griddle & Shake is not your usual burger restaurant. Quality meat prepared with care and unlimited fresh toppings! Brilliant!"
What do our guests say:
# Katie, Nov 13th: The burgers were freshly cooked, piping hot and made exactly how we wanted...the food was excellent value for money. We will definitely be coming back.
# Kerrie, Dec 30th: Amazing burgers, so fresh and such quality!
# Victoria, 10th Jan: Fantastic place! Food provenance is brilliant! Great staff and very accommodating for wheelchairs and pushchairs. Couldn't recommend it enough!
# Yannick, Jan 7th: One of the best burgers and fries I have ever eaten...They are simply delicious and mouth watering! It is the only place where I can find crispy fries the way I like it and that allows me to put as much jalapeños I want on my burger!
# Jonathan, Jan 7th: Awesome food, recommend the hell out of the bacon marmalade on the burger.
# Ash, Jan 3rd: Fantastic place for fun, family friendly(especially those with big buggies!) good food. We loved it. Thank you.
# Matt, Dec 12: This place is the dogs wotsits perfectly cooked burgers and great tasting shakes. My favourite burger joint...My favourite topping peanut butter and avocado
# Tilda, Dec 10th: The staff are super friendly and made us milkshakes I'd happily drink everyday. As well as this their environmental policies (recycling packaging, using biodegradable materials, sourcing locally) are very honourable. Deco is also wonderful. Plus they cater for vegans which is rare. Go support this new Nottingham venture, it's fab!
* You can read all these reviews in full on our Facebook page.
So, why is it better?
Firstly, you can customise your meal exactly to your taste:
* We have selected the very best ingredients, suppliers and people to deliver our promise of the very best burger on the high street.
* We make a lot of our own food in-house - we make our pulled pork, our burger relish, bacon marmalade (just try it, it's AMAZING!), lemonade, house spice and more
* Imagine choosing which type bun you want - do you prefer a traditional burger bun or brioche or maybe a pretzel bun?
* Selecting unlimited toppings from a counter where you can see everything
* Having the choice of beef or chicken breast or homemade pulled pork: all Red Tractor approved.
* Have your burger, fries, wings, milkshake your way, enjoy them in an amazing restaurant and really feel you have had incredible value & service.
* Having your ice-cream milkshake with unlimited mix ins at no extra cost, and have that shake dairy free if you prefer. Where else can you get that?
* That's all really! You make it your own.
How can you make a difference and what will we do?
As a new business with strong values and big ambitions we always had to be better than the rest if we were to succeed. Every penny counts for us and ensures we have the ability to live or values and give back to our guests and environment. If you invest in G&S we will spend the money on:
* Purchasing new cooking equipment to develop our in-house kitchen in a current storeroom
* Provide further training and development for our team to improve our service and make every member of the team exceptional
* Product development. Although we are a smaller business by comparison we have some amazing home made products which could easily be on supermarket shelves. Our bacon marmalade could be developed to become the condiment of choice for home cooks and BBQs.
* Improving the heating & air conditioning in our restaurant: it is older than we care to think about and costs a small fortune to use. We want to make sure the restaurant is always perfect for you.
* Get the message of our values and commitment out there - as a strong, independent business with genuine social responsibility
Where are we?
9 Fletchergate, Nottingham, NG1 1QQ - Next to the Lace Market Tram Stop
Griddle & Shake is exciting, different, fun and has a strong, passionate & driven team, a plan for growth and commitment to deliver on our goals. Help us to be even better, to grow the business, give back to the community and give our guests an incredible experience every day.
Thank you so much for your time and your support :)