It all started with Blue Planet II
In 2017 we sat down to watch Blue Planet II, the BBC natural history series. We love a David Attenborough documentary, but we had no idea this one would change our lives. It may sound corny, but it’s true! We were horrified by the impact of plastic pollution on the environment and animals.
It’s overwhelming to think that…
- the average person living in North America or Western Europe consumes 100 kilograms of plastic annually (source: Worldwatch).
- the equivalent of a lorry-load of plastic enters our oceans every minute (source: Greenpeace).
- there are now at least 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic distributed across the ocean (source: National Geographic).
- millions of marine animals, including seabirds, whales, turtles, seals, and dolphins die as a result of our plastic pollution (source: Science Direct).
Nearly 700 marine species are affected by plastic pollution
As consumers, we need to change our shopping habits if we want to turn off the plastic tap. But cutting down on single-use plastic can feel overwhelming, as it’s everywhere! That’s where we want to help.
A lorry-load of plastic enters our oceans every minute.
Affordable, easy, zero-waste living & eco-friendly products
We want to help people reduce their usage of single-use plastic. That's where our subscription box comes in!
Subscribers will receive 4 zero-waste items each month, covering...
- Self care
- Treats and other cool stuff -- from tea to biodegradable chewing gum!
Our zero-waste subscription box in a nutshell...
- Save money: the value of the items is always worth more than what subscribers pay. Plus, subscribers will get an unlimited discount in our online shop.
- Do your bit, effortlessly: we do the research and carefully pick the products. Subscribers get to dive into a parcel and reduce plastic month on month!
- Discover: from all-natural face masks to reusable food wraps, subscribers get to discover amazing eco-friendly products.
- Learn: we’re packing our service with tips to inspire achievable lifestyle changes for the good of our planet. 10 ways to upcycle a glass jar, anyone?
The environment is at the heart of everything we do
- Zero-waste: every product, including its packaging, will be either biodegradable or recyclable.
- Cruelty-free: we will never include a product from a brand which conducts animal testing.
- Vegan-friendly: every product will be vegan friendly, or there’ll be a vegan alternative.
- Giving back: a percentage of our profits will go to charities doing amazing things for the environment. Plus, you can join us by the sea for our beach clean ups!
How would we use your donation?
Your money would support our first year as a new business, and all the costs that come with it! It would go towards:
- minimising our carbon emissions (e.g. tree planting, low-emissions delivery).
- sourcing eco-friendly packaging.
- sourcing the best products for our box and online shop.
- creating marketing campaigns to spread the word.
- our service and logistics costs.
- our staffing costs.
Thank you so much for checking out our project. Your support means the world to us!
Charlie & James
Please note our rewards are currently only available to UK residents.