Great Chart Primary School are launching their very ambitious project - to raise enough funds to upgrade the lights in all their classrooms, offices and outside to LED lights. Not only are they better for the environment, but are proved to enhance learning too! They aim to reduce their carbon footprint and make savings that can be spent directly on education.
The school cannot afford to start the project due to budget cuts by DfE. The lighting has not been updated since the school opened in 1993. The full cost of this project is £30,000 so the school is trying to raise as much money as they can.
Main purposes of this project:
1. Effective and efficient lighting, reducing carbon footprint
2. Safe areas around the school due outdoor lighting
3. Enhance learning for all pupils
4. Money saved will be used directly on education
5. Increase community use (for example clubs and external lettings)